help with dash problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dallasmade19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
So I have a new 2013 ram1500 and everything was fine when i got it back in august. Now that it is getting cold I am seeing issues with the truck and that seems odd. I've done some sort of digging in the forums and on Google and see that I haven't been the only person with issues when it gets cold outside. for one, my dash lights blink constantly and it's weird because after playing with it i noticed it only does it when i dim the dash all the way. if i make it brighter it doesn't blink at all. someone on ramforumz talked about it doing it to them last month when i searched this problem but after reading i saw that the guy had no solution but just to see what happens after a while. also i noticed that my truck has gotten slow when unlocking and locking all the doors. has like a 1 to 2 second delay when i press lock/unlock. also after i hit pause on the radio it never gives me the play button anymore (i have uconnect 5.0). and if it does show a play button then it reacts slow after i hit play. but most of the time the pause button just stays on the screen and when i hit it to play a song it doesn't do anything.

i really don't want to have to take it in being that its the holidays and my work schedule is heavy right now. any solutions? i saw another discussion about maybe the truck is drawing a lot of current to the heater when it's cut on but i doubt it because the lights don't flicker when the brightness is up. also saw someone mention fuses in a different forum but it doesn't sound like that is the issue either nor a lose connection. any ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm sure a recall will come out soon. My wife just got a recall notice for her 2014 grand Cherokee for the gauge cluster doing something similar

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Ohhhhh yea ....

Randomly my dash will go blank, then come back on! May last a few seconds!

Have not complained to dealer cause its random and I am having serious mechanical problems that are priority right now :flame:

JJCampos93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that it has gotten cold my dash lights do exactly like yours do, not a big deal but hopefully its something the dealer can fix

AC54ME

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi
So I have a new 2013 ram1500 and everything was fine when i got it back in august. Now that it is getting cold I am seeing issues with the truck and that seems odd. I've done some sort of digging in the forums and on Google and see that I haven't been the only person with issues when it gets cold outside. for one, my dash lights blink constantly and it's weird because after playing with it i noticed it only does it when i dim the dash all the way. if i make it brighter it doesn't blink at all. someone on ramforumz talked about it doing it to them last month when i searched this problem but after reading i saw that the guy had no solution but just to see what happens after a while. also i noticed that my truck has gotten slow when unlocking and locking all the doors. has like a 1 to 2 second delay when i press lock/unlock. also after i hit pause on the radio it never gives me the play button anymore (i have uconnect 5.0). and if it does show a play button then it reacts slow after i hit play. but most of the time the pause button just stays on the screen and when i hit it to play a song it doesn't do anything.

i really don't want to have to take it in being that its the holidays and my work schedule is heavy right now. any solutions? i saw another discussion about maybe the truck is drawing a lot of current to the heater when it's cut on but i doubt it because the lights don't flicker when the brightness is up. also saw someone mention fuses in a different forum but it doesn't sound like that is the issue either nor a lose connection. any ideas?

Hmmmmm,

Do all the lights in the dash do this?

What about the radio?

When this occurs have you turned on the overhead lights to verify that they also are affected?

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LED's and LCD's normally run at a set frequency (on/off), not sure what these trucks run at but if the frequencies are not right or way to slow, when you turn the brightness down it will show as flickering. I think they will have to replace the displays because I doubt if they have an adjustment for the frequency built in the system.

They had some issues with either the 2009's or 10's doing this with the LED's in the evic display.