Need help with map lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my replacement led bulbs from superbrightled.com today and I went to put in the map lights and it turned on for a second then went off and tried to put factory lights back in now they won't come on either the other led I got work great was is my issue did it blow a fuse or is it the wrong light they are 921 bulbs the same as the license plate with the built in canbus what went wrong

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you turn the light switch to off before swapping? Are the rest of your lights working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the door open and yea rest of lights work just not the map lights

OP
OP
B

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have one dome in back with festoon and map lights festoon works

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Computer may have shut the circuit off if it shorted. You should make sure that when you work on the lights turn the dimmer to the off position so you don't risk shorting it. You can double check the fuses but I think it's 1 fuse for all the cab lights. Hopefully someone else has an idea how to check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Pull down the center console and make sure the switch is still in place. I knocked one of the switches loose on accident when I did mine. Also, keep in mind that it is possible to install LED's 'backwards'. If they don't work, try turning them around.

OP
OP
B

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I pull the center console and what switch are you talking bout

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do I pull the center console and what switch are you talking bout

It pops out, you can pull down from the sides of the map lights and pop that end to get enough clearance. The switch he is talking about is a white push-in that sits in the housing and activates when you push the lens. If you push your lens and get the "click", your switch is probably fine. If it seems 'floppy' when you click the map light, the switch is probably dislodged.

I dislodged my switch when I went to change mine. Thought I really screwed things up since I have integrated LEDs.

OP
OP
B

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got it to work I must have pushed to hard and popped those out but they work now thanks guys for your advice to help me