Seat belt light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other day I was leaving softball practice and noticed my seat belt light would not go off. Has anyone else had this problem and know a fix. Yes I wear my seatbelt at all times so please don't say buckle your seat belt. Any help on this would be appreciated!! I posted this in audio and electronics as well but I want to make sure that everyone has a chance to give me a hand.

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's probably the buckle the part the seat belt snaps in to.

Marc1982443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn cc
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have that problem. My problem is the air bag light goes on and off. Dealer said its the clock spring amid it will be replaced tomorrow morning.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Have you tried plugging a different buckle in there? It might just be the sensor in the thing going bad, you could try disconnecting it, and shorting it to see if that would turn the light off, although I would short it with resistors, and start with high resistance, and work down to low just to not actually blow too much current through anything.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Not sure lol, I would think it has to be, but you might have to trace some wires.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
You can't split the plastic housing to get to the sensor? Is there an electronics disconnect near the buckle that you could disconnect for testing?

A better idea might be continuity testing on the buckle side of the plug so you don't blow any electronics out of your truck...

You could try it first with the belt not plugged in, then with it plugged in, and if you see a no continuity to existing continuity change then you know you have a good sensor which would be bad.... since it is the easiest thing to replace most likely lol.

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The only way they sell the sensor is the entire buckle so you could still split it if you want lol

OP
OP
travis.smith

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what years will work? I have found an 03 but am unsure if it will work or not!

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure you are using the right buckle. I have the Express seat and the middle seat buckle receiver is right beside the driver's receiver. It is easy to connect the wrong one.

OP
OP
travis.smith

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine is the same way. I called a junk yard and the newest they had was an 03 so I was wondering if that will fit

OP
OP
travis.smith

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where can I purchase a seat belt sensor? I need to get this replaced and I came up with nothing.

Doc Zoom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have anything heavy in the passenger seat. That will set it off.

OP
OP
travis.smith

travis.smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing heavy in the passenger seat I am believing it is the sensor because I just took a road trip with my family and they all buckled up and it was still going off. Is there any in the rear seat?