Stain/ Water mark on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
626d13a68372e03209e6d3ecd8448bbf.jpg

If you guys can see the whitish stain on my console, it popped up a little bit ago and I cleaned the inside of my truck quick today and I couldn't get the stain to go away( I was using meguiars interior detailer). Any one had something like this and found a way to remove it? I have no clue what it was from either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I would try a interior cleaner! not the detailed stuff as that is light cleaning with a shine to it! Possibly DAWN dish detergent a few drops in warm water, That stuff is great on removing grease stains and we use it to clean up oil spills in basements :) I would try a hidden spot first to test the DAWN mix, ( better to be safe then sorry )you may have to wash the whole dash depending how deep cleaning it is, as I never used it in my car or truck. then use detailer, Post what works for you!
FYI I kept the wisecracks about the stain to myself lol

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haha thank about the holding your comment, i figured somebody would crack one off. I'll have to try Dawn, never thought of it. When my truck is back from the shop I'll let you know my results, thanks Rado.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I got a similar stain on an old truck from a vent air freshener that leaked. It never came out. Could this be what happened to you?
If the plastic is discolored it can't be cleaned,I tried everything. The sharpie idea was good or consider covering the dash with either paint or vinyl. I saw a custom interior done with a shrink wrap vinyl of some kind. It was actually beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You could do that dipping process.