Temperature Gauhe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JosephA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi all, recently took delivery of a 2015 3500 dually Laramie. Traded in a 2008 GMC with 180k on it and I'm hoping to get at least that much from the RAM. So far I love the truck. Huge improvement in power and style.

One thing I did notice that was off was the temperature gauge. The electronic display will show a temp of 190 yet the gauge doesn't go past about 1/3 on the dial. Highest reading I've gotton on the electronic display was 206 and the gauge still didn't reach center. Anyone else experiencing this? Just need to know if this is a bug or a feature.

Cheers!

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my '13 1500 the middle of the dial is about 100C, so that's 212 in 'murican

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Those gauges are not accurate at all. They have short temp ranges and more of just a visual for u To keep an eye on in case it starts to over heat. I look at them as, cold, warm and shut it the hell down.

Go by the accuracy of the electronic engine temp in the evac as that's what the ECM is giving you and what its using to control the motor functions.

Mine doesnot get to the half mark ever (pretty close) and will read between 190 -210 and the needle never moves.

OP
OP
JosephA

JosephA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The truck is really nice, shame they missed on that 'feelgood'. Like I missed on the post title.