Weathertech vs. Husky vs. Westin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing I dont like about weather techs is they get slippery when they get wet. Gets annoying when coming from outside with snow or rain on my boots. I'll take regular rubber mats any day.
I did notice the same thing last winter when the weathertec ones get cold and wet.. They were very slippery. I kept the mopar slush mats in the back.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
My 2 cents would be weather tech digital fit liners. Fit is awesome and the do an excellent job protecting the carpet. I just put a set in our Ram CC and the fit is great. I have been using a set in my Wrangler the last few years and have no real complaints.

Only time I've really had issue with the mats being slippery has been after cleaning them and wiping them down with a 303 protectant and occasionally in the winter if it is real sloppy and I'm wearing dress shoes.

Pluses are the made in the USA (Bolingbrook, IL) and their people are out at dealers laser scanning vehicles every model year ensure best fitment.

OP
OP
MyOhFive

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Never noticed this thread take off like this, thanks for the replies guys.

I ended up going with husky liners based on price. They're within a few bucks of WeatherTechs but WeatherTech wanted way more for shipping.

I like them, good fit and coverage, they do their job.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice you'll be happy with Huskys. One thing I definitely like about the huskys more than the weathertechs is the front passenger liner covers more of the trans hump than the weathertechs. I'm always having to vacuum that part of the carpet with the weathertechs...

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, I emailed Westin for a THIRD time last week......... STILL no response.

Great customer service......

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Never noticed this thread take off like this, thanks for the replies guys.

I ended up going with husky liners based on price. They're within a few bucks of WeatherTechs but WeatherTech wanted way more for shipping.

I like them, good fit and coverage, they do their job.

Upload some pics of them installed!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good timing on this thread. I was having the same debate. With Ohio winters and my stomping through mud during hunting season, I need to put something in there.

Anyone else had the wear issues with Husky? I haven't heard much about the Westin in this thread either.

I see the floor liners are better than mats for WeatherTech, are there better models/series of the other two brands? Planning on ordering these soon, before winter really sets in.

EDDNIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 DEEPWATER BLUE, 1996 INDY RAM, 2019 bighorn
Engine
5.7 HEMI, 5.9
weathertech, I have in both daily drivers

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got Husky, was going to buy the Weathertechs but when I called Autoanything they were having a huge sale on Husky products. Got them for a really great price so had to jump on them. I am happy. After winter is over, I'll take them back out and run the stock mats for summer.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good timing on this thread. I was having the same debate. With Ohio winters and my stomping through mud during hunting season, I need to put something in there.

Anyone else had the wear issues with Husky? I haven't heard much about the Westin in this thread either.

I see the floor liners are better than mats for WeatherTech, are there better models/series of the other two brands? Planning on ordering these soon, before winter really sets in.

I've had Husky's in 3 different vehicles including my Ram. The first set was used between 2 Ford Escape's that I had and that set, once cleaned up, looked almost brand new. The current ones in the Ram have been in for almost 20k miles and they look the same after plenty of mud and slush/salt from the winter.

magz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
Weathertech. This is the 3 truck I have had them in. Always top notch!

UsAndaTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect timing on this thread for me too. Being a construction worker in southern California, I don't have to worry about rain too much but dirt and mud are a constant struggle. I went with Weathertech digital fit floor liners because they are made in the USA and I haven't read any negative reviews on them that would apply to me. THANKS!!

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have Husky as well front and rear very happy with them.:)

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
Look at Rugged Ridge before you make a decision. They're heavy-duty, fit great and they're cheaper than Weathertech or Husky. I like the tread design better, too.

Picked up front floor moats for like $50 off amazon. I'll probably get the backseat soon, but the front are more important at this point. Especially with winter and snow, etc. Reviews looked good and the price was right.

They come in Friday! :)

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
My Vote goes in the direction of Weathertech! I have their products installed inside and outside! --->on all our autos!! Husky Floor mats are like a thick rubber! The Weathertech are a very thick plastic.

I went with the Weathertech due to they are deeper-->Taller Walls! Ya really never have to worry about any spilled liquid or snow melting and running down into your carpet and floor boards...