Accessing the radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to put in a new radio in my 2014. I previously swapped out the jump seat to a console so I've had the radio bezel out before but I forget now that I put the center console in, do I need to remove the center console to get the radio bezel off? Are there any screws holding the bezel in that are hidden by the console? I took out the two screws at the top and started to pry it out but it wasn't coming off all the way and I didn't want to break it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sometimes there is a screw in the pass side cubby. If not it is only the 2 on top and then the clips. It is not easy and best to use plastic pry tools. I removed mine yesterday to install seat heat switches. It was tuck on pretty good and I thought I broke a clip but it was just a noisy operation.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There are two screws under the rubber tray at the front of the console. I believe you also need to pull the top panel off the console along with the two side pieces at the front.

OP
OP
M

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was it, two screws at the top, two screws under the tray in the front of the console and the top trim piece of the console had to come off in order to get the bezel out. Now I just have to get time to get in there and swap the radio. Thanks for the help!