CEL - Error P202c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGRed333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Howdy!

Has anyone had experience with the check engine light error code P202c? P202c reads "Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit High." I seem to only get this error when I remote start and not every time that I remote start. I clear it, it doesn't come back on, I can remote start a few times and it won't come back on. But every time it does come on, it's been after I remote started.

Thoughts?

2013, 2500, 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel
Houston, TX = 89* right now

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy!

Has anyone had experience with the check engine light error code P202c? P202c reads "Reductant Tank Heater Control Circuit High." I seem to only get this error when I remote start and not every time that I remote start. I clear it, it doesn't come back on, I can remote start a few times and it won't come back on. But every time it does come on, it's been after I remote started.

Thoughts?

2013, 2500, 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel
Houston, TX = 89* right now
hey I just found this message on dodge desiel Cummins forum

New to the forum, not sure if I should have just added this to another thread but here goes:

Service DEF system see dealer with cel came on @ 2100km shortly followed by the dreaded limp mode in 300km warning, def tank full and truck operating in Normal conditions.

Read codes: P202C reductant tank heater control circuit high
P208C Reductant pump control circuit low
Truck is at the dealer now, they say it needs a new Diesel exhaust fluid control module P/N 68209674AA which happens to be on national (Canada) back order! Lot available south of the border as well as at online retailers (factorymoparparts.com) but Chrysler couldn't keep enough on their own shelves to cover their own warranty work!

Contacted Chrysler Canada, started a claim but was told there was nothing they could do until it's been on back order for 5 days? They have already been waiting weeks for the same part for other people!

I suggested I order the module myself from factorymoparparts.com I could have it in a week, and Chrysler can just reimburse me, but nope we can't do that!

2013 Ram 2500 6.7 crew cab 4X4 Outdoorsman mineral grey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BIGRed333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Yea, I saw that there as well. I don't have the "Service DEF System, See dealer" message when this light comes on. It comes and goes. It went off yesterday and came back on yesterday, this time without remote starting it came back on.

Nothing but problems with this DEF system crap.

Guess I'll drive by the dealer right now and buy the module to see if it fixes my problem.

OP
OP
B

BIGRed333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
I'm still having the issue with this CEL code. I've got a few recall notices to take care of, so I am going to ask them to look into this issue at the same time. Anyone else have this problem before? Seems like the summer heat really ****** it off.