Limited slip Dif upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a new to me RAM crew cab without limited slip Dif. If I have and lsd installed will it void my warranty and is it worth the cost? I live in sourthern CA so weather is rarely a factor. My last RAM had an LSD and I never had any traction issues - but - "It Never Rains in California" as the song goes, right?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any plans to be a **** to your service department? If not, get in good with them and you'll have no problems.
Going with a Mopar one? If so, get the dealership to install it, and no it will not affect warranty.
If going a different route, then the only warranty it voids is the rear axle. So in other words, if your radio blows up, they would have to prove it was the LAST that did it.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a Mopar LSD from Moe's for my 14 and had it installed by a dealer. They told me it wasn't warrantied because I bought it from an outside source. If I had bought it from them and they did the install it would've been covered. That being said, if my new truck didn't have one I would probably buy another from Moe's and have it installed by an independent shop. It's probably cheaper to install that way and the part is warrantied by Mopar for a year I believe and the shop would likely warranty their install work.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Based on your original post, why bother? You rarely have traction issues so just but decent tires on your new truck ànd live with that. You still have anti slip. Congrats btw.

OP
OP
fyrpm

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. It's interesting in reading other threads how many are adamant about having LSD and some say traction control is adequate. I have a couple of other upgrades to do then I'll decide on the Lsd. I may see how the truck does through this winter with the occasional rain we get.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If "winter" for you is "occasional rain" then IMO you would be throwing money down the drain to put in an LSD. If you had real winter where it snows every 4 or 5 days, where you often find yourself standing in a foot of snow, where the bone chilling cold makes your man marbles hide in your chest and traction is a real issue then you may want it.