Mufflex aggressize installed...slightly disappointed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nubster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mufflex aggressive installed...slightly disappointed.

Got the Mufflex aggressive kit for Christmas. Finally got around to installing it today. All in all...not too bad but there was a little issue getting things lined up but I got it sorted.

Anyways...fired up the truck and meh. It's definitely a deeper tone but really only very slightly louder than stock. Maybe my expectations were too high but when the descriptions says on a scale of 1-10 stock is a 2 and this kit is a 9 with only straight pipes being louder...I'd expect a little more This kit is maybe a 4. At best.

So...anyone have any thoughts? Maybe after some break in it will get louder? Nothing else has been done to the truck. Stock intake, rest of the exhaust is stock.

Last edited:

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It gets a little louder but not much, it left me wanting a bit more also,id suggest removing the resonators for a little more volume

OP
OP
N

Nubster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'll see how it does with time and then look into taking off the resonators too.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Try a set of 5" tips. They will make the exhaust louder and deeper as well.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the video mines pretty much a straight pipe. Had a 6 inch dynomax mini bullet on it. Sounds like you should have done the muffler delete if it's way too quiet.
I should say it was still just a muffler swap as everything else was still stock

OP
OP
N

Nubster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah...I didn't know what to expect but when I ordered it...Mufflex claims that on a scale of 1-10 stock is 2 and this kit is a 9 with straight pipes being a 10. So not sure about you...but I'd think anyone that reads that would be under the impression that it would be a LOUD exhaust system. But it's not...at all. Sounds good...don't get me wrong. And the kit and ease of installing it I guess was worth the money...but still the description was very misleading IMO to say the system is a 9 out of 10 on the aggressive sound chart.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the mufflex delete. Love it so much and the little one still passes out in the truck just fine.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7

Anyways...fired up the truck and meh. It's definitely a deeper tone but really only very slightly louder than stock. Maybe my expectations were too high but when the descriptions says on a scale of 1-10 stock is a 2 and this kit is a 9 with only straight pipes being louder...I'd expect a little more This kit is maybe a 4. At best.

I agree 100% hahaha. I thought, based on the 1-10 scale, I was going to have something very loud on my hands. I have the 14". The drone is next to nothing. I started getting some drone when I added my 35" tires.

I was told by the muffler shop it is due to the more restrictive Cats. I bet if you put on some high flow cats (expensive) then you will get that sound you are looking for.

Hey, no ****, did you notice a slight loss of power? Because I did and everyone tells me it's in my head. ********.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^maybe the 35" tires are the power loss reason and the op needs to lose the resonator then its mission accomplished

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
^ nah, just got the 35"s on last month. Had the 14m for awhile. Like a year and a half. Owned the truck for 2 years.

I know I am talking crazy talk. Absurd. But, I am telling you, my butt dyno never lies. Every now again I consider going back to stock.

I was just curious if the OP had the same experience.
9d3e21ba7a32e2eabe4e948f370138e2.jpg

Last edited:

OriginUnknown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the 14 inch muffler and swapped it for the delete instead. I also found the 14 too quiet overall. I think the delete with resonators is really close to perfect. Not going to wake neighbors at low throttle but very aggressive and loud under acceleration. The only possible negative is that the delete drones way worse than the 14. I like drone personally, but I know some people would be very annoyed with it as there's no escaping highway drone with the delete.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had the MF 14" on mine, went to a FM Super 44, and finally added a cutout to cure my need for sound. Cutout stays open 98% of the time. Only time I close it is when I'm driving into work

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang sounds beastly for just a muffler swap lol

Sold it to a member on here named karstensdad, pretty sure he's still running it. After a thousand mile road trip towing the camper, it was just a hair too loud for that. Now have an 18 inch jones (magnaflow knockoff) on it. I used to get compliments on the exhaust all the time and have since received none. Still sounds okay, but nothing like it used to.