New exhaust pointers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebeau45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
So I don't really know too much about exhaust systems and what goes along with it like new headers and what not. I have a 2015 1500 5.7 hemi Crew Cab Short Bed. Really just looking for best deep sounding exhaust system. Any info would be awesome.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best thing to do is hop on YouTube and check out the sounds of the trucks on there. That way you will be able to hear them. I'm running a Magnaflow 14" on mine now just because I hated the way my Cherrybomb Extreme sounded. After I had my Longtubes installed.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Really, the best system to choose would be the one that sounds best to you. it's a pretty basic approach to selecting an exhaust system.

For your truck, given that it is probably stock and this is up to but I don't thing you really need headers as this point, I'd focus on a cat back dual system with a crossover pipe. Match that up with a cold air intake and you'll have installed 2 of the 3 best bang for the buck mods you can do for the HEMI.

If you decide to build the engine a bit, such as head work and a cam, then a set of headers, a larger throttle body and some higher flow catalytic converters would be advised.

I'd suggest you go to some of the aftermarket exhaust company websites and check out their videos and sound clips.

Also, we have a fair collection of the same sort of things in the 3rd and 4th gen sections.

Good luck. Picking an exhaust can be one of the tougher decisions to make. But just get one that sounds the best to you.

Some of your choices are:

Muffler delete (pretty damn loud and raspy, loss of torque usually results)

Flowmaster
Magnaflow
Carven
Borla
Dynomax
Summit Racing

and others...