Oil change price.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I have spoken to three other Ram dealers and they all charge for 7 quarts of oil doing a change on a 5.7. It seems that this dealership is over charging and if you think of all the Hemis they change oil on at the end of the year that's alot of money. As Re they really dumpin 8 quarts in? I don't know but I call ******** on this one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer charges 70 dollars for 4 oil changes.
Special they run.
They make out good with smaller engines, and lose with the hemis or break even.
Te eco diesel is much higher tho

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
not exactly what you asked but i do my own with pennzoil platinum ultra 5-20 I buy it on amazon 5 quart bottle and 2 single quart bottles and my level is always fine afterwards total 7 quarts .Price total with quality Filter around $65.I enjoy doing my own maintenance though and save a few dollars

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I want to thank everyone on there input but I may of asked the question wrong. Any one that gets there dealer to do the oil changes, what is the amount of oil are they charging you for?7 quarts or 8 quarts? This one dealership is charging for 8 when the other dealerships in this area charge for 7. If anyone has there receipts handy check the amount of quarts they use.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
If they are charging you for more than 7 it's to much when my free oil changes were still taking place the dealer told me 7 quarts were put in

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just looked at some of my service tickets
it says 7 quarts on them.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you just go to the other dealers for the oil change if they only charge you 7 quarts?

Are you he'll bent on this one specific dealer, because each dealer is different when it comes to service.

Truck name: Rampage

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why don't you just go to the other dealers for the oil change if they only charge you 7 quarts? <br />
<br />
Are you he'll bent on this one specific dealer, because each dealer is different when it comes to service. <br />
<br />
Truck name: Rampage. Im not Hell bent. It's about taking advantage of people who don't know that Hemis take 7 quarts. So would you lay down and take it if it was you? I will not be using that dealer anymore.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
............ I am going to raise a little hell at this dealership tomorrow.

So whatever happened with the dealership that charged you 8 quarts? Unless I missed it in this thread, it looks like you called every surround dealership but had not told us what your outcome with confronting the offending dealership.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They acted surprised. Put me on hold then told me my truck takes 7.5 quarts. I let them know that surrounding dealers only charge for 7. They said OK I'll let upper management know and hung up on me.
I called Chrysler and filed a complaint. There supposed to get back to me after they contact the dealership.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
StoneDude76 why don't you name the dealer here so others can avoid this issue with them or so they can question their tactics too? Enough people call them out on it and there's a good chance they'll change their ways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For those in the Philadelphia area it was Jeff DAmbrosio. They are a bigger high volume dealership. I was happy with there sales department but their service department is another story.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey..that's close by me...I got my truck by the Philly airport. But I do my own service. They are decent size..Gary barbera might be a little bigger.

I've gone to 3 different service places...just to do warranty (philly airport, and a couple by my me in cherry hill, and Mt Ephraim) the **** is an arm and a leg when it comes to the hemi because it's an "performance" engine so they charge you more.

For example the dealer that I bought my truck familyautos.com in the airport, had a spring special (ended on April 30)... $49.95 oil change....but with the hemi, it's going to be about double.

They never listed how much oil...they just go by type of engine.

Truck name: Rampage

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm stun by how many of y'all go to the dealership for an oil change if it isn't free. I usually do it myself or if I'm feeling lazy I go to one of those 10 minute oil change places, bring my own oil and filter and it's only like a 20 dollar charge

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don't know why your stunned by going to the dealership. It just helps with warranty issues. If Ram does the oil change then it gets put in there data base along with any other service. Also if you trade it in or sell the truck all the records are on file. I used to service all my vehicles but I now live in a development that dosnt allow that. Besides the other dealership I deal with only charges 42.77 for the Hemis.

Dr.Lou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
FWIW, I buy my own oil and filter at Walmart and bring it to my local Nissan dealer, who charges me $8 to change it and wash/vacuum my truck. I use Mobil 1 5w-20 and Fram XG2 filter. Cost for everything is about $50 and is good for 10,000 miles.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$28. That includes tire rotation. They pick it up and bring it back.

I'd like to know what the ECO Diesel guys are paying.

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
There are two filter sizes for the 5.7.
SRT 6.4 filter fits 5.7 which is larger
than standard 3"x3".
Wix filter also makes two different size
Oil filters for the 5.7
The standard size filter will take exactly 7 quarts with a full hot drain.
The larger filter will take ~7.5 quarts with full hot drain.
Buy my own oil at WM & filter
Take to ram dealership
Charge is $21 includes vacuum, battery check and all fluids and air pressure check
Also supply my own throw away plastic funnel.