Oil Filter Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried this to relocate the oil filter on the 5.7 Hemi? Looks like it might worik to move it away from the steering components and making a mess when trying to change it, could be worth the $20.:think:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 481

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subscribed also interested in this.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I was looking into the Amsoil bypass and it is real cool because you can put the filters in the engine bay. The only downside is you have to buy the expensive filters. This might be a great option if it doesn't leak.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking into the Amsoil bypass and it is real cool because you can put the filters in the engine bay. The only downside is you have to buy the expensive filters. This might be a great option if it doesn't leak.

wow they are expensive!!

Last edited:

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried this to relocate the oil filter on the 5.7 Hemi? Looks like it might worik to move it away from the steering components and making a mess when trying to change it, could be worth the $20.:think:

Where did you find that system?

OP
OP
chrisb38002

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found it on ShopHemi website.
Only problem is they are charging $15.71 for shipping, so now the $20 parti is $35. This thing could be shipped for less than $10. Hate it when companies try to make more profit by overcharging for shipping.:flame:
I am going to look some more and see if someone else has it for reasonable shipping cost.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
chrisb38002

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use one of these, and it does wonders for controlling the mess:

Form-A-Funnel® Flexible Draining Tool

There's many different sizes. I fold it over the steering parts, and the mess drips down into the pan.

i like that, and it looks like Advance Auto has them, just down the street from me. Going to give it a try, oil change time is coming up soon.:waytogo:

junior81

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 crew cab sport
Engine
Changed my oil on friday and I just used a large oil bucket and aluminum foil to wrap the steering components and any other parts that get drenched in oil. Someone had mentioned this on the forum and gave it a try.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Aluminum foil

Changed my oil on friday and I just used a large oil bucket and aluminum foil to wrap the steering components and any other parts that get drenched in oil. Someone had mentioned this on the forum and gave it a try.

Yes, no way thought I was only person to do this. I just put oil pan below filter, mold alum. foil to funnel to drain pan. When done throw foil in trash & no mess!

junior81

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 crew cab sport
Engine
Yes, no way thought I was only person to do this. I just put oil pan below filter, mold alum. foil to funnel to drain pan. When done throw foil in trash & no mess!

Tell me bout it...after two oil changes I was tired of the mess. It actually works pretty good IMO

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha... I'm dreadimg on changing my oil come spring....never did it before, but I know its a simple process.....drain oil, replace bolt, replace filter, them refill... bug I know I'm gonna mess **** up somewhere and oil will get everywhere...hahaha. I want know my truck inside and out and this is a simple process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm about to embark on my first oil change and was wondering if you can pre-fill the oil filter without it spilling out (partially or full of oil)?

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
yes you can fill the filter damn near all they way up. done it on my 2013 ram...

also to avoid the mess, i wrapped a gallon size ziplock freezer bag around the filter and zip tied it to the filter. no mess.

if i were to use an oil filter relocation, i would use a the billet aluminum piece from Canton Racing. not cheap, but very nice piece and no restrictions.