R/T wont start !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck has 3 weeks in the dealership and they cant figure out why it won't start they had placed a power distribution which is "fuse box" and said it had cranked but didnt want to turn it on completey cause it wasnt the exact fuse box and now they put the exact one for the truck and won't crank at all un less they try it directly any ideas what it could be? Thanks in advance

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can you tell us what happened right before to cause it to have to go to the dealership? Stereo replaced, extra lights added, tuner etc etc etc ????

OP
OP
L

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I turned off the truck 15in later didn't want to start back up it has power radio works all the dash lights come on perfectly no battery drain whatsoever

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update since yesterday? There are a dozen possible causes of a no crank condition on that truck. Impossible to say without looking at the truck. But why did they try and install a tipm that was not the right one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No update at all there still trying to figure out what could it be

OP
OP
L

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck has 42,000 miles some where through there and there saying they dont want to cover it cause it dose not have nothing to do with power train are they right or should they cover it since its a defective part on them??

OP
OP
L

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There already started charging me and they don't have an idea what ir could be :flipthebird:

Last time im going to dodge:(

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
There already started charging me and they don't have an idea what ir could be :flipthebird:

Last time im going to dodge:(

With that statement, I assume you are past the 3/36K bumper to bumper warranty and are now into the powertrain warranty if applicable.

Many dealership service department will start a repair upfront telling you it is a charged repair since they do not have it isolated yet. If it turns out to be covered under the powertrain warranty, then they zero out your charges. If not covered, well then you are obligated to pay for those costs and they rather you know up front to lessen the impact if it does turn out to be non warranty related.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Screw the dealership and take it to someone that specializes in Hemi's, that's what I did. The dealership is not your friend!

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It sounds like this would not be covered under your powertrain. At this point take it to a reputable shop with a lower labor rate that will try and fix it fast rather than try and get you to spend money. If they come up with something regarding a powertrain issue then have it documented and bring it back to Dodge.

other questions tho: Did you buy it new or used? Was it a certified pre owned if bought used? If not certified how long ago did you purchase it?

OP
OP
L

La sinco siete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought new and they gave me a call today that they ordered a power moduel that, that should be the problem that is covered under warranty