Remote Start troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Compustar remote start on my truck, I've had it since I bought the truck nearly a year ago and it hasn't given any problems. Recently now within the last week and a half I couldn't get the remote start option to go. I had to walk up to my truck and try it and it would lock my truck and the radio would power up but the truck would never start. I just replaced the batteries in the fob today and it's the same story. I haven't been underneath it yet to see if something is bad. Has anyone else had issues like this before? It's my first remote start vehicle so I have no experience with them before.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I have a Compustar remote start on my truck, I've had it since I bought the truck nearly a year ago and it hasn't given any problems. Recently now within the last week and a half I couldn't get the remote start option to go. I had to walk up to my truck and try it and it would lock my truck and the radio would power up but the truck would never start. I just replaced the batteries in the fob today and it's the same story. I haven't been underneath it yet to see if something is bad. Has anyone else had issues like this before? It's my first remote start vehicle so I have no experience with them before.

It may be a shot in the dark but check fuses for the remote start module and wiring under the dash. I had a viper system on my 04 Dakota with remote start that suddenly stopped working after a few years of reliability. It took 2 hours of shop time to finally find a blown fuse.

Does the system have a hood sensor? I'd check that too to make sure it doesn't think the hood is open when it's not. Good luck!

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't have time to check for fuses last night but I did find the bypass module under the dash, there's the little black box that has a light on it and a button. The light was out and I pushed the button and the light turned green and nothing happened and I pressed it longer and it turned red and still nothing happened but the box kept clicking, I thought maybe a bad relay but wasn't able to find a relay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine does that from time to time. I just think its my truck giving me attitude.

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still haven't found any blown fuses or any direction of what's wrong. Looks like I'll just have to call Compustar and see if they can help out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990