Smarty jr help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm getting a "exhaust service required see dealer now" read out after smarty JR install I have tried just about everything I need some help who can steer me in the right direction?This is on a stock 2011 2500.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are your emissions still intact or are you deleted? Is it a Smarty Jr. SJ67? What software version # used?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes my truck is fully stock with all emissions, I'm running the 9.43c software, yes it is the sj67

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is the right version for your truck with emissions intact. If you have not tried this already re-download the software to the tuner and then try to flash the truck again. Link below.

MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Download

If this does not work then contact Mads 1-855-456-7627 and see if they can help you out.

OP
OP
C

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks, I will give it a try.

OP
OP
C

Crowell392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
OK so it looks like my dpf has been removed, I bought this truck used and it's my first diesel so please forgive my ignorance. Now this brings up a new question sence the smarty jr won't work with this setup what would you recommend,, I need somthing that will correct tire size also.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a performance shop near you? If it is dpf deleted it may be egr deleted and may have a tune on it - I would suggest getting Someone who can look at it and see what's been removed and as far as aftermarket tunning goes I have heard good things about efi live

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK so it looks like my dpf has been removed, I bought this truck used and it's my first diesel so please forgive my ignorance. Now this brings up a new question sence the smarty jr won't work with this setup what would you recommend,, I need somthing that will correct tire size also.

I will always recommend custom tuning like EFI live or MM3 but if your looking for something similar to the Smarty Jr with delete tuning and don't have the budget for custom tuning, then the H&S Xrt Pro or H&S Mini Max would do the job and will adjust for tire size. Links below.

https://www.rollinsmokediesel.com/pd-h-s-xrt-pro-dpf-egr-upgrade-tuner.cfm

https://www.rollinsmokediesel.com/pd-h-s-mini-maxx-dpf-egr-upgrade-tuner.cfm

Last edited: