TB Butterfly Plate Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonDimello

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a little embarrassing but here we go. I bought an 87mm TB from Moe's and I messed with the screws on the butterfly plate before I installed it. I had no idea that they were factory-set and I thought if I just tightened them back up it'd be fine. Obviously, that wasn't the case and I got the "service throttle control" code popping up with the engine surging while in park and idling. A few weeks later the CEL came on so I finally re-installed the stock TB and have had no issues since. I loved the throttle response with that TB so I'd like to get it working without codes. Is there anything I can do or have I screwed myself out of almost $400 due to my own ignorance?

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suggest you contact Moe's directly to find out if it can be manually adjusted back to original settings without special test equipment.

OP
OP
D

DonDimello

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suggest you contact Moe's directly to find out if it can be manually adjusted back to original settings without special test equipment.

I plan on calling tomorrow morning but I figured I'd throw the question out there in case someone has done this before. I'm a little antsy and want to get it back on the truck ASAP.