True dual or single in dual out for sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valenti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have the Pentastar. This is not a 'how do I make my 6 sound like an 8 thread'.

I want to achieve a deeper tone, right now I have a flowmaster 10 muffler with no resonator, single in single out. It's too high pitched and ricey.

Called around to a few muffler shops and I'm wondering if it's worth the money to go true dual and X pipe it with a single muffler or just stick with single in to dual out with a magnaflow muffler.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As for flow capacity, I don't know what the pentastar has for pipe diameters.

Lots of guys go too big with duals, therefore loosing power. Size also contributes to how it would sound (better or worse??) I think the flow rate for a single in / dual out muffler with adequate size piping would be fine. And as long as size and flow are matched closely, I tink that's when you'd get the best sound as well...not?

I dunno, if I think about it too long I can come up with all sorts of wrong **** haha

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Duals do not automatically equal 'deep'... Best (and least expensive) would be to experiment with different muffs on your current SI / SO system.

I'm simply not a 'sound of six' kinda guy... can't give you any examples of what I would prefer in your sitchyashun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish