Two Left Heads on motor...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PigSooieHailGul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I bought a reman motor from ProEngine LLC. First they told me,a week later after reminding them to ship the damn motor, that there was a delay due to inclement weather. They don't realize I track weather for a living and know that's a lie. Second it was to come with all gaskets, nope I had to buy em all, at the time didn't have time to wait for them to ship some. Third, had so much paint on it that I had to take a thread chaser to clean em out everywhere. Fourth had to remove and smooth the paint over Intake and Exhaust ports sonit will seal properly due to so much uneven paint. Fifth, had to flip flop the two middle crank shaft bolts so the gasket and pump would go on. Finally gets me to this post....

Went to install the passenger header and bolt holes were different. Tried to cross the motor for different years and makes than what was told to me and all manifold gaskets were the same. Finally realized they installed 2 driver heads on the motor.

Question I have, the motors w exception of the manifold bolts is exactly the same. As far as what I can't see, is it the same? Can I run it as is and just modify a gasket and the header holes? They have put me in a huge bind due to my rental is up and I am paying out of pocket now, I'll have to wait for another head and then do the swap out on, and most important...I have an auto hail repair company and am grounded til it's going, costing me $1k+ a day of income I'd be making if I was able to be on the road.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Send it back, I wouldn't deal with it or that company. I would never have any faith in the engine.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't run it. Either send it back or get the right head sent to you.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Kinda like 2 left shoes... it'll work, but uncomfortable as hell. Send that **** back and tell them to close their doors until they can build an engine properly.