Vararam or s&b Intake ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say yes the vararam is flimsy but you can really hear that thing suck in the air which can only mean one thing....the SOB works.IMG_12621.jpg

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it supposed to seal to the hood ?? I have an aftermarket hood... Functional hood scoop and louversView attachment 90255

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that's the VIS then its not even close to sealing. However it did seal quite well on the factory hood w/o dual scoops. Ill say this though with the larger cowl the vararam sounds so good.IMG_12521.jpg

TexasHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any experience with the Vararam in dusty climates like west Texas? How well do they filter?

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which hood is that and where did you get it?
Its a VIS Carbon Fiber. To be honest the fitment really isn't great but it does look good. If you ever think about about purchasing let me know and I can take some more pictures and answer any questions. Just Google it and you'll find plenty of benders to purchase

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If that's the VIS then its not even close to sealing. However it did seal quite well on the factory hood w/o dual scoops. Ill say this though with the larger cowl the vararam sounds so good.View attachment 209692
Why don't you just raise the rubber seal up to your hood bottom so it will seal?
It's really easy, order the rubber from "Steel Rubber", clean both sides of the rubber to be mated with alcohol and bond with Super Glue. It welds the rubber together permanently.
That's how I built my seals and it works. The bond is so strong the rubber will rip before the glued area.
IMG_20170325_150309_067.jpg
IMG_0208.JPG

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why don't you just raise the rubber seal up to your hood bottom so it will seal?
It's really easy, order the rubber from "Steel Rubber", clean both sides of the rubber to be mated with alcohol and bond with Super Glue. It welds the rubber together permanently.
That's how I built my seals and it works. The bond is so strong the rubber will rip before the glued area.
View attachment 210140
View attachment 210141
I like how yours has that barrier around it. That would be very beneficial to me to help prevent rain water. Where did you get that lower portion from?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like how yours has that barrier around it. That would be very beneficial to me to help prevent rain water. Where did you get that lower portion from?
Not sure what lower part you're talking about, mine is a Vararam just like yours.
I had to build up the rubber trim to meet the bottom of my hood with extra rubber, but if it's the orange snorkel you're referring to I made that myself.
Mines an 03 and they don't make the "Air Grabber" for my year so I had to kitbash mine to make it work.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what lower part you're talking about, mine is a Vararam just like yours.
I had to build up the rubber trim to meet the bottom of my hood with extra rubber, but if it's the orange snorkel you're referring to I made that myself.
Mines an 03 and they don't make the "Air Grabber" for my year so I had to kitbash mine to make it work.
The snorkel is exactly what I was referring to thanks.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang you should be selling those. That's pretty good handy work. How much for yours?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have 2015 ram 1500 with 87mm moes ported throttle body arh headers on way as well . Running pedal commandwe with hemi fever tune. What's best with my mods to run, an s&b or vararam ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check with Matt at Moes. I have seen pictures of the veteran filled snow after driving through a snow storm. If your not in a snow area, I would run a vararam.