5.7 hemi upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacobvant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been doing a little bit of research, I currently have the 5.7 hemi in my 2015 1500. I was hoping to get some opinions/suggestions on this idea. I was thinking of swapping the 5.7 intake out for the 6.4, as well as throwing a 4” legmaker short cold air intake on that. I also thought of maybe upgrading the throttle body to an 87mm. If this is all recommended would a spacer be something I should look into as well? All this being done would I need a full tune?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have been doing a little bit of research, I currently have the 5.7 hemi in my 2015 1500. I was hoping to get some opinions/suggestions on this idea. I was thinking of swapping the 5.7 intake out for the 6.4, as well as throwing a 4” legmaker short cold air intake on that. I also thought of maybe upgrading the throttle body to an 87mm. If this is all recommended would a spacer be something I should look into as well? All this being done would I need a full tune?
Put the money from the spacer and throttle body towards a set of long tube headers,you can get away with out a tune with the 6.4 intake as long as you use your original 5.7 injectors with a spacer.You can even get away with out a tune with long tubes,but to get the most return from them,a tune is a good idea.
The best bang for your buck other then nitrous is a set of long tubes and tune,it's a night and day differance,and the truck will surprise you on what it gains from a tune and long tubes,plus it'll blow your mind on how fast it'll go wide open if you open up the speed limiter,they'll easily hit 135+ mph wide open with the limiter removed.
Little tidbit for you,the SRT 485 horse 6.4's use the exact same throttle body as your 5.7 does,and you're along ways off what they make for power,and even on the 6.4's the throttle body is one of the last things you do,after cam /long tubes/ported heads etc

Last edited:

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Put the money from the spacer towards a set of long tube headers,you can get away with out a tune with the 6.4 intake as long as you use your original 5.7 injectors with a spacer.You can even get away with out a tune with long tubes,but to get the most return from them,a tune is a good idea.
The best bang for your buck other then nitrous is a set of long tubes and tune,it's a night and day differance,and the truck will surprise you on what it gains from a tune and long tubes,plus it'll blow your mind on how fast it'll go wide open if you open up the speed limiter,they'll easily hit 135+ mph wide open with the limiter removed
Also if you have a single cab truck with 3.92 gears and 8 spd trans do not go over 105 mph when you are testing out mods
You will sling your driveshaft Moe's sales aftermarket driveshafts just incase

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My 4X4 ran 12.0's at Castrol/Rad Torque at Nisku with the stock throttle body.For a tuner in Edmonton get ahold of Chris Zelinski of Player 3 Performance Tuning,he's on the south side of Edmonton.
When you're ready for tuning,give him a phone call,as he prefers phone calls,you can use my name Rick Wildman,as Chris knows me well.
780-655-6594 is his number,and he does do tuning on the week-ends if that works better for you.
He tunes with HP so don't waste your money on a Diablo tuner

OP
OP
J

Jacobvant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put the money from the spacer and throttle body towards a set of long tube headers,you can get away with out a tune with the 6.4 intake as long as you use your original 5.7 injectors with a spacer.You can even get away with out a tune with long tubes,but to get the most return from them,a tune is a good idea.
The best bang for your buck other then nitrous is a set of long tubes and tune,it's a night and day differance,and the truck will surprise you on what it gains from a tune and long tubes,plus it'll blow your mind on how fast it'll go wide open if you open up the speed limiter,they'll easily hit 135+ mph wide open with the limiter removed.
Little tidbit for you,the SRT 485 horse 6.4's use the exact same throttle body as your 5.7 does,and you're along ways off what they make for power,and even on the 6.4's the throttle body is one of the last things you do,after cam /long tubes/ported heads etc
Thank you this helped a lot. I do currently have the 6−Speed 65RFE Transmission, will this trans be able to handle this for a while? I do plan to throw in an 8spd eventually.

OP
OP
J

Jacobvant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 4X4 ran 12.0's at Castrol/Rad Torque at Nisku with the stock throttle body.For a tuner in Edmonton get ahold of Chris Zelinski of Player 3 Performance Tuning,he's on the south side of Edmonton.
When you're ready for tuning,give him a phone call,as he prefers phone calls,you can use my name Rick Wildman,as Chris knows me well.
780-655-6594 is his number,and he does do tuning on the week-ends if that works better for you.
He tunes with HP so don't waste your money on a Diablo tuner
That’s amazing thank you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat