4WD bushings and suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey gang,

Short version: I'm trying to track down 4WD compatible bushings for my truck. Specifically leaf spring bushings, shackle bushings, and lower control arm bushings. I prefer polyurethane so I don't ever have to do it again, but Energy Suspension doesn't list them as 4WD compatible.

My truck is making a good bit of noise going over bumps, and the power steering pump is starting to complain when I turn the wheel at a stop. I rebuilt all of the ball joints and brakes about 6 months ago, but didn't do anything about bushings at the time. I've since thrown on some 17s and 35s.

I'd like to replace the lower control arm bushings because I think the power steering pump is having to work overtime to turn the wheels. They're 11 year old lower control arm bushings, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they're shot. I know the tires are contributing, and the cold weather too, but I get the impression that I'll be replacing a power steering pump in a couple of weeks too.

I can physically see that my leaf spring front mount bushings are dead too, which explains why the truck feels like it's articulating when I go over a speed bump at an angle.

My question is, what are the 4WD guys doing for bushings? I can't seem to find any that are 4WD compatible. I'd prefer to go poly. I had Energy Suspension on my old '04 and didn't mind the slightly rougher ride. The problem is pretty much everything they make says 2WD only.

Can someone point me in the direction of 4WD compatible bushings?