paranoia got the best of me!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Went too auto zone, bought a locking gas cap, (prices are too high & not coming down). I use brake cleaner, alot, on almost everything that wont fade from it, (car/truck shows). And a new hood lamp. 30.00$ Well spent,imo. But I also got the silversatr numbers for the headlamps and fogs. My question here is /are they worth it? I'm kinda intimidated by the hid's that are offered, not one is plug and play. without a seperate relay, plus I heard of all the radio interference some systems cause.

Does any one use silverstars, and if so are they happy with them. I should be concentrating on the engine compartment, for added show stoppers, but Curiousity has driven me too this area, And can it be called a (mod)? Thanks everyone.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the silverstar ultra's are definitely better, but in my experience they don't last long

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I had silverstar's in the wife's van. Last about a year and half. She is blind at night and really liked them.

Didn't JJ have HIDs that are plug and play ready to go?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have JJ's HIDs in the headlights and fog lights and it was totally plug and play and are guaranteed not to flicker unlike all the cheapo kits on the internet. I am blind as a bat at night and I will never go back to anything other than HIDs lol! I haven't heard anythin bad about the silverstars tho, only thing was that in the rain they weren't very bright but that was just what a friend said. IMO, I'd go with some HIDs from JJ :D :D What a difference it makes

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Go will JJ HIDs for sure Bill. I will key your truck if you don't.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
When I first got my truck, I bought a set of the silverstar ultra's and hated them. $50 for a set of bulbs that were no brighter than the original bulbs that dodge put in there back in 1997. So a week later I had a new set of headlights and hid's on the way.
Hid's are gonna be the first mod to any of mine of my wife's vehicles from now on

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm glad my truck isn't as smart as y'alls lol. Any old kit will work for me

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
i had to buy a locking cap. I lost about a 1/2 tank. For the HIDs I'd go with a bi-xenon kit so you have low and highs. I never got interference with any HID kid I have had in the last 10 yrs of having HIDs. Projectors are the way to go but drop-ins will work too. The relay kit is a better way to go to. Takes the draw the truck.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ yes definitely go with the bixenon kit it rocks :D

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Ordered the nightvision set h/l's and fogs'. I gotta talk too jj, he prolly has a lot on his plate right now, but I didn't get the 10% off. in my order, I suppose we can work it out with some fukken wax, :). As for the gas cap, sadly I leave the truck unattended but in a well lit area at times, It would be sinch too drain her dry. Atleast it wont be as easy as unscrewing a cap.

Thanks for the info, it helped in my decision.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Hey - did you put in the code "JJ" when you went to check out?

I can call Todd tomorrow and check in it as well.

Flashback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spend most of my driving time in the dark. That is I used to until I put in HIDs. JJ & Todd were great, answered all of my questions and the service was extremely quick. Running the jumper for the fogs and it is a totally different driving experience. Install was easy (after I overcame a brain fart), no flicker at all, and everything looked like high quality materials.

Just the driving lights HID
2795t-wall-stock-headlights-vs-hid-driving-lights.jpg

All HID, all the time
2796t-all-4-installed.jpg

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I spend most of my driving time in the dark. That is I used to until I put in HIDs. JJ & Todd were great, answered all of my questions and the service was extremely quick. Running the jumper for the fogs and it is a totally different driving experience. Install was easy (after I overcame a brain fart), no flicker at all, and everything looked like high quality materials.

Just the driving lights HID
2795t-wall-stock-headlights-vs-hid-driving-lights.jpg

All HID, all the time
2796t-all-4-installed.jpg

jumper for the fogs?? can you explain?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We can't do it bill. Least from what i have heard before cuz our fog are controlled by the computer. But if it would work, it keepsbthe fogs on while the high beams are on

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the jumper for the fogs is a wire connecting one of one of the fuses to one pin of another fuse in the fuse box so that the fogs stay on when you turn on the high beams. I did it on my 05...loved it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007