Squeak in front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwebs01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, new member here. I just recently bought a 2007 dodge ram 1500 4x4 hemi 5.7. Front end is squeaking like crazy, brought to dealership and they adjusted back brake plate. Told me this would stop noise, yet its still squeaking. Doesn't squeak when it rains, but noise is bad when going over little bumps one after another. Any suggestions as to what is causing this?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sway bar links, balljoints, or upper and lower control ARM bushings. Oh and welcome to RF!!

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

OP
OP
D

dwebs01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They all won't make a noticeable squeak when wet? Everytime it rains i dont hear a squeak at all. But when dry or on an absolute fresh paved surface the noise is almost gone. Its driving me nuts so i'm trying to pin point noise to fix for good

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to RF. Bigbadram1500 has been having a lot of front end squeaking and a lot of stuff had to be replaced recently. She will eventually chime in. I don't know if rain made her squeaks stop or not

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. As Butch mentioned above, I have recently had pretty much my entire front end replaced minus the ball joints. I had severe squeaking and it ended up being my struts, they were both blown and had been for a while. I never noticed it not squeaking in the rain though. I would definitely have them checked though in case yours are bad.

OP
OP
D

dwebs01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is at dealership now, hopefully they can pin point the noise. I did leave a list of your possibilites and fingers crossed one of them is the reason behind the noise.

OP
OP
D

dwebs01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CV boot was broken. For some reason I doubt that was the reason. There must be something else I would think. They usually dont cause squeaking do they? if anyone knows

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I've got a blown boot on my truck right now with no squeek... it could be any number of things.

Does it squeek when you turn wheels while at a stop? If so check your ball joints. If it just squeeks when hitting a bump I'm guessing your struts.

And your prob not hearing the squeek in the rain bc the water just might be giving it enough lubrication to stop the squeek(maybe)

hossman55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 07 hemi and it sqeaked when going over bumps. Checked it out and it was left front shock. Replaced with bilstein hds. No more squeak and a much better ride.

freefall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
squeaking frontend

Whats up RF? I just registered. Really like the set up you have. My 08 ram with 50,000 on it just started squeaking from the frontend. Thought it might be the struts (stock one's s@#%!). I installed Bilstiens on all four corners and still have the squeak. It has to be a bushing, anyone know if urethane ones are available?

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hi FreeFall - Welcome to RF! Just a small note... trying to find a solution to an issue by resurecting a 11 month old thread ususally isn't the most productive. Feel free to say hello to the group and pose your question in your own thread that you own. You can always put a link in your post, refering to this thread to tie it all together. I'm no mod, just trying to help a new RF member head the direction. See you 'round.

freefall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OOppppsss. Sorry about that, like i said new to the site. LOL. I was wondering why I didnt see it posted. Not sure how to do what you mentioned but I'll fumble around until I get it. Thanks for the advice.

Don66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 front end squeaks I can't find any grease fittings. Do I have any?

Jeff9329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2007 & 2008 IFS will squeak when the upper strut tower bushing wears out. That allows some metal to metal contact in the bushing.

If you can roll over a bump or expansion joint at relatively low speed and you hear it with the window down, that's probably it.

Spray some WD-40 in the hole between the 3 strut tower bolts and see if that quiets it down.

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Had a horrible squeak on my truck. Hitting bumps and turning wheels. Just replaced lower ball joints and is gone now. Went with greasable ones so hopefully this doesn't happen again