What shocks to go with??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got my lift spindles in and I now need to figure what shocks to get. I know the major ones are Bilstein and Fox, which I've looked at both. The only issue I have with Bilstein is I hate the yellow look, and since I'm 2wd I can't go with the 5100 which is the only silvers I saw of theirs, correct me if I'm wrong. Fox I really see no issue with. But open to options so what do you guys think? I really like them to be silver lol.

Second after measuring my rake and figure what lift will do I would only need a 1" block or add a leaf in back to have it dead level and lifted. Should I go with a block or add a leaf?

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
rancho rs 9000 xl adjustable shock and is silver color. $140ish at advance auto. i wouldd be running these but i have 7.5 inches of lift on my 2wd and they dont make shocks for that big of a lift for the fronts on 2wd. I tried to see it the crows foot is pressable but they said it isn't. but i am about to buy the 6 inch lifted rancho rs 9000xl shocks for the 4wd, find the cheapest factory replacement shocks for our trucks and cut out the crows foot and press it in the 4wd shocks myself. pretty much making my own shock.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will have to check them out! I know it's pretty pathetic I want a certain color, I just can't do a yellow shock when the truck is silver and black lol...picky by color but want good!

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Lol I understand man if all goes well withing the next 2 years or so I'll have mine powder coated as well as the rest of the suspension. Make my own color shocks lol

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can recommend the PRO COMP ES9000 shocks. They give a more firm ride than factory but they are also soft enough so your head don't hit the roof after driving through a pot hole ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990