Zone Body Lift on 2wd...Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay well i finally finished the Zone 3in body lift on my 07 2wd...it helps quite a bit. Its a long process, quite a few steps and mine required some self fabbing and scavenging for bolts. It took around 15 hours both by myself and with buddies. I welded on the front brackets as well as the crush blocks. I skipped quite a few steps such as draining the radiator, parking brake relocation, etc. My brother also broke the ribbon in my clockspring, so i had to disconnect my horn and am waiting on one to come in

All in all im pleased. This is 5.5in on the front, 4.5 in the rear. Makes the 33s look small. I think it drives better than before, its weird but my UCA/Spring Bucket problem isnt as bad. I dunno.Gotta fix my exhaust now also

I dont know why this pic makes it look unlevel, but its more level now than its ever been. I dont have a pic with me in it, but the mirror is at the same level as my head and im 6ft tall
1281649734.jpg
1281649679.jpg
1281649626.jpg

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks good Matt....makes me want to start in on mine for my 4x4. What are your future tire/wheel plans, if any???? What was the ultimate trick to get the steering spacer in??

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
looks good bro ... slap some 35-12.50's on her

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good man, level that thing out too while you're doing everything...

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it is leveled.....Are you planning on getting rear liners to clean it up??

OP
OP
M

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks good Matt....makes me want to start in on mine for my 4x4. What are your future tire/wheel plans, if any???? What was the ultimate trick to get the steering spacer in??
I undid the top of the boot around the intermediate shaft and sprayed PB, then awhile later I took a 2ft breaker bar, 1/2in extension and a socket that fit over the end of the shaft and gave it a good pound with a BFH. I hit it with a rubber mallet and a clawhammer and nothing, the BFH got it quick

looks good bro ... slap some 35-12.50's on her
I got a price on some Kumhos today, im not wanting real wide tires though

Looks good man, level that thing out too while you're doing everything...
Its completely level (front bumper is .25in lower) that pic makes it look like that for some reason

I think it is leveled.....Are you planning on getting rear liners to clean it up??
Yea im in the works buying a set from a guy but if it dont work out ill be rocking my homemade gap guard till i get outta school in Dec lol

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My bad man. The pic does make it look really off.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
12.50s arent really as wide as youd think. I think 35s are a must tho..
Also, I thought this whole time that you were a 4wd Hemi...

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
sweeeeeeeet

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very nice Matt. Yeah, the exhaust needs to be pulled up now a little closer to the rear bumper and definitely some new tires are in order. Over all though the truck is looking sick man. I just don't know how putting the bl on would lessen the uca from hitting. Huh, hey that's another upgrade then.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Looks good Matt.

I keep threatening to do a 3" body lift on my truck. But my 33's only have about 10k miles on them so I can't convince the boss that I need new tires if they look too small. That is one thing holding me back from doing it. I have played around with some pictures of my truck in paint.NET to get an idea of what it would look like with the BL, but seeing it on your truck pretty much convinced me I need to wait a little while still.

If you do go with 35's, what gears do you have? That's the other thing that is holding me back. My 33's are heavy and my 3.55 gears don't give me a whole lot of get up and go. So I know if I go with a bigger tire I'd probably need to do gears too. *sigh*

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It's a never ending cycle. But it's a cycle that we all know and love. Buy new Break old Fix old replace with new have to buy more new cause other new is too small. *Sigh*. lol

Looks good though matt. I'm personally not a fan of BL Just cause the idea of adding extra strain on the body bolts scares me. But hey it does look good.

OP
OP
M

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 3.92 so it's not gonna b that bad and I like the look of taller tires that don't stick out too much, so weight wise it shouldn't be horrible

Cowboy, me either on the UCA issue....maybe a weight deal? Putting a little less weight on the front would help...

And yea the 33s look tiny. I didn't think it would be this bad!

Y'all think I should dump the exhaust instead?

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dump it. I did with a cherry bomb extreme.

Also, I don't think the tires would look THAT bad if they were more of a mud terrain or all terrain tire rather than a more street truck tire. But definitely gotta look for something in the 34-35" range soon brother.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Also, I don't think the tires would look THAT bad if they were more of a mud terrain or all terrain tire rather than a more street truck tire.

Ok Matt...now we need a picture straight on from the side so I can cut the tires off of my truck and paste them on yours to see what it looks like with a 33" A/T tire. :anitoof:

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im running the same set up you are with my 305/55/20 zeons and i think they are about 12.5 and they only rub when i turn all the way and the rub on the sway bar.
(ignore my signature about the springs)

DSC_0224.jpg