Favorite tonneau cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Anyone have a favorite picked out for their truck, on it already? What do you prefer hard/soft. How long do they hold up. care applications? Lets all get in on this one!:005:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i had an A.R.E LS II fiberglassfor 3 years and i loved it. i will have another one in the future

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
bakflip! LOVE 'EM, just stay away from acorns.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
im looking. there is a guy in MO that has a black one for 700. a bit much to pay for a used cover i think. i tried to get my old one back but the guy already sold it. frownie face

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I scored mine for $300 and then had it painted at work for basically free. Also if i were you I wouldn't hesitate to buy one that is a different color and get it painted cause the way they paint those covers from the factory really sucks!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
thats what i did with my first one. 300 plus 300 to paint. not bad imo. i should have just kept it but the hood was calling me bad. i should have just paid cash for it.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Aaron, how is your access in the winter? Most soft tonneaus that I have seen do not unroll very well in the winter and will not snap, but I have never had or know anyone with an access tonneau

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Hey Aaron, how is your access in the winter? Most soft tonneaus that I have seen do not unroll very well in the winter and will not snap, but I have never had or know anyone with an access tonneau

Well now you know two !! I'll let you guys know when it's on. Should be here monday, I hope the ups guy is early!!!!!

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
thats why the access is the best one on the market. its all velcro down the sides (no snapping). its also got a tension adjustment wheel that you can turn to adjust the tension on the cover.

basically you roll it up (because of the design you can roll it with one person from one side and it rolls evenly). unrolling is the same way. when you get to the end, the rear snaps into place, pulling the rest of the cover tight. it is also locking, so if you have a locking tailgate, the onyl way into the bed is cutting through the tonneau.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^^^SHHHHHH Don't give the thieves any ideas lol.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thats why the access is the best one on the market. its all velcro down the sides (no snapping). its also got a tension adjustment wheel that you can turn to adjust the tension on the cover.

basically you roll it up (because of the design you can roll it with one person from one side and it rolls evenly). unrolling is the same way. when you get to the end, the rear snaps into place, pulling the rest of the cover tight. it is also locking, so if you have a locking tailgate, the onyl way into the bed is cutting through the tonneau.

Thanks. I currently have a hard tonneau that I got from CL, but I want a good soft tonneau and the access sounds like what I want. Now I just need to get rid ont the hard tonneau that I have and get the bed of my truck either rhino lined or line-x and an access and I will ge good to go

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
At the risk of biting the hand that feeds, what do you want for the hard top??

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At the risk of biting the hand that feeds, what do you want for the hard top??

honestly have not thought about it. I got it for cheap on CL and the mounting bracket are not the best that I have ever seen.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Okla wants one and I have no problem trading the access I'm getting plus cash.It's up to you (if ya wanna sell) and okla 1st, if he wants to buy. Course you will get moe money from him but no cover, I dont want to snatch something up. That I already know a brother wants . If he lets it go and your willing to sell pm me cool?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I currently have a hard tonneau that I got from CL, but I want a good soft tonneau and the access sounds like what I want. Now I just need to get rid ont the hard tonneau that I have and get the bed of my truck either rhino lined or line-x and an access and I will ge good to go

I have the same cover as AF and am looking for a hard cover. What do you have, maybe we can trade?

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same cover as AF and am looking for a hard cover. What do you have, maybe we can trade?

I don't know what the brand is and it is not in the best shape, was very faded and I gave it a black rattle can paint job. It looks like an ArmorLid, but the mounting brackets are not the same. I will take some pics sometime and show you.