New Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Some real good news this time. The headlights that I ordered from Jeremey are sitting at home right now. Unfortunately I do not get off the boat until Thursday Morning. So right now I have everything to do the build, but cannot do a thing until I get home. Oh well they say good things come to those that wait.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
now the fun begins!

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't wait to see the results! You should take pictures through the process! This way I can see if I want to attempt it lol.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok started to dechrome the reflectors. Damn that bleach sure stinks when sitting out for a while. Taking around 4 or 5 hours for it to remove 98% of the chrome. Had some other things to do so I could not take a pic of the First part. Working on installing the projectors into the main reflectors. I will get some nice pics of that process seeing as it is a bit involved. I will post them tomorrow after my stupid camera has charged (idiot me forgot to plug it in for a couple weeks so its battery is dead as a doornail).

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I promised a few pictures as I built these and here are the start of them:

Headlight without the lens.
Headlight without the reflector (main reflector was in bleach being dechromed.
Headlight main reflector for the main light dechromed and repainted flat black.
Ok the back of the headlight. I had to use a dremel motor tool to sand down the back of the reflector so the Morimoto Mini H1 projectors would fit. Also in the previous picture you may notice that I had to sand down the inside of the reflector where the chrome diffusor and light came through the reflector. Again so the Morimoto projector would fit.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/30/****.jpg Ok these are the left and right chromed pieces that hold the turn signal reflector. They stayed in Bleach for 4 hours each. I then had to use some Dawn and a sponge to clean off all the bleach. The bleach took off 95% of the chrome completely and the sponge and Dawn removed most of what was left. Other than a few flecks here and there it was all gone. This picture also shows them both after painting. I used a grey self etching primer and some flat black paint to get them to look like this.
Ok Drivers side with the shroud and Morimoto Mini H1 projector installed. The small halo is a 90mm Morimoto XB led halo and the large one is 100 mm XB led halo. I used Gorrilla glue and the thinnest picture hanging wire I could find to attach them. Both are white. I will test them tonight and post another pic.

Each picture is at not exactly key parts of the build but the ones that I think yall will be interested in. More pics to come as the build progresses. I think I can have them installed completely before Turkey day.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
lookin' good!

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the Halo's on the headlight I have decided to use one of the ones on the projector as a DRL. I would like some input on this matter. I am thinking the 90mm one seeing as it is around the lens of the projector. What do yall think??

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I'd go with the bigger one. ;)

quick note too.........I know its too late for you, but for anyone else looking to do the deed here. On the 06-08 Rams, I dremel the inside of the bowl a hair (where the bulb sat, that little lip), and leave the back alone. No mounting plate is used, just projector, small silicone o-ring, then the nut from the back. Its tight, the bulb holder barely fits, but it works!

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd go with the bigger one. ;)

quick note too.........I know its too late for you, but for anyone else looking to do the deed here. On the 06-08 Rams, I dremel the inside of the bowl a hair (where the bulb sat, that little lip), and leave the back alone. No mounting plate is used, just projector, small silicone o-ring, then the nut from the back. Its tight, the bulb holder barely fits, but it works!

oops did not know that part. Oh well no biggy. The projectors are in tight.

reelop19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes bigger one as a DRL. Good job so far. Whats up with the pic quality though? lol

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Looking good!!

I'd say bigger one as the DRL also. The whole point of a DRL is for people to see the light during the day. The bigger the halo is the more light I would assume, therefore easier to actually see in the day light.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blame my camera for the pictures. I do not have a tripod for it and its a Samsung video camera which is supposed to have the anti-shake ability. Plus I was a bit drunk when I took them.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
More pics guys:

This one is the drivers side put back together. without the LED's turned on:

Next is the 140mm Led's turned on:

90mm Leds:

60 mm amber leds:

And the 80mm Leds which I also plan to set up as turn signals:

Currently I am building a custom harness and waiting for the passenger side's sealant to dry. With the 80mm amber I intend upon setting it up as a turn signal and running light. Was thinking upon using the 60mm amber in conjunction with the 140mm as a DRL. Lemme know what yall think.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes those Morimoto XBled Halos are extremely bright. Ok stupid camera is not taking good pictures but yall get a glimpse of what the final build is looking like.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look good. I also have the Spyder's you originally had, and I am not happy with them either. The output is terrible. Probably half of what the OEM's were. I am thinking of putting my OEM's back in.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They look good. I also have the Spyder's you originally had, and I am not happy with them either. The output is terrible. Probably half of what the OEM's were. I am thinking of putting my OEM's back in.

Get with Jeremy at Retro Shop and see what he can do for you. I decided to do the work myself because I wanted something different. Jeremy may be able to hook you up real nicely.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get with Jeremy at Retro Shop and see what he can do for you. I decided to do the work myself because I wanted something different. Jeremy may be able to hook you up real nicely.
I think I will do that. Thanks.

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L

I had the Spyders also. I took them out and put my OEMs back in. Best thing I've done in a while! I even got my money back for the Spyders after having them in for about 6 months so I lucked out.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the Spyders also. I took them out and put my OEMs back in. Best thing I've done in a while! I even got my money back for the Spyders after having them in for about 6 months so I lucked out.

Yeah the only thing the spyders have going for them is their looks. Cheap projectors, impossible to aim with HiD's, and rather poor materials used in construction. I tried to take a pair apart, wow was that a mistake Melted the lens, and the halos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007