led swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
i am still short the theatre film that i need to change the gear selector and overhead display. guys have even went as far as to make their stock stereo blue too

If we don't have a friend with some lying around, where could we get a hold of some ? I'd love to change the gear selector from stock to blue as well.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Thanks Daniel. I will be ordering a sheet of I which I guess can do three or four trucks. The parts list Daniel posted is right. I got a few extra to try some things sorry to leave you guys hangin on this, I thought they would have shipped faster. The original write up is on DT. I'm just goin to make a more in depth user friendly one, don't ge me wrong jchula did an awesome job but it got cluttered with 20+ pages of bsing

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
After looking into SB LED's site, what series B8 twist lock bases are we looking for ? They have B8.3D-x .4D-x .5D-x and .7D-x ?

Also what Color # blue would match the SB LED's "Blue" as in the picture previously posted.

Last edited:

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Perfect, Thanks.

Disregard my previous inquiry into what Blue # to get the film, just figured I can probably go with clear? or a very very light tint of blue almost clear and just get the blue LED replacement bulb for those parts. Unless you can't then yes what blue # film again ? haha.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Sorry guys I will get off of work Wednesday and be working on it then. You can get the white if you prefer it will still have a blue tint I will post pics for comparison. Still need to order the film but internet is sparse in the oilfield.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I would have made a diy with mine its so easy though. Just buy the bulbs pop off the covers and put the new bulbs in. Here are pics of mine. get my lights at autolumination.com

DSC_0270.jpg
DSC_0271.jpg
DSC_0269.jpg

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
horse ****. i started on the swap tonight, slept all day. i figured i would start on the hvac controls, 3 leds no problem. horse ****. the laramie dual climate hvac has the bulbs soldered down, no problem just an inconvience. the twist style 8.5 bulbs will not just plug and play in my truck. i have to refigure the plan on the hvac but i will post pics of the original poster jchula unless i can get nim81 to put some up. tomorrow i will work on the dash and overhead and headlight switch.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, what is so different about the Laramie style? Might end up being better off cuz the 3 bulb layout blows

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
here is what regular hvac will look like

hvacled1.jpg

hvacled2.jpg

and you will need wax paper diffuser to help spread the light.
hvacled3.jpg

here is mine
DSC_0008.jpg

notice the plastic piece that covers the light. it is the diffuser so that is a bonus for me, no wax paper needed
DSC_0002.jpg

my bulbs are not the twist kind they are soldered to the board, no problem im just going to take apart what i have and solder them on there

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahh so the laramie is dual zone or something? was not aware of that. And what about these wax paper diffusers, how would I make that up?

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
for now im putting it all back together minus one bulb i pulled off just ******* around. they are incadescents with a blue cover over the bulb. i need my ac tomorrow. ill work on this more but my wife decided she was going to pull a night shift this week so i have the chillens all day. damn nurses

Last edited:
OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yes i have dual zone. he just cut a small piece of wax papr and adhered it where it was needed. i will research this and have the correct info in the write up as well as how to do the 4x4 and rear sliding window lights. i have neither of these

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aight cool man Im gonna try that cuz mine hotspot pretty bad

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this mod a while back and I was very unhappy with the outcome. I ended up switching it all back to stock.

Captain, do you have a link to the bulbs you used for the evic?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have an 05 laramie 4x4 and I dont have that. Mines just the potentiometer knob that rotates and goes from cold to hot, and another knob that rotates and directs where you want the air to vent to. I guess it'll be different then, Ill have to take it out and see what the bulbs look like and where they're placed.