My Corbeau Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
As promised pics finally. I have to put my review down through the keyboard still but ill add that later. So for now.....PICS

Dont mind the messy interior

IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg

Also got one of these from Genos.
IMG_0885.jpg

And now....

The Apology. First of all sorry to everyone. I know ive been a **** with only a couple of good reasons why I did not get this up sooner, but not enough reasons why it took THIS ******* long.

The Man. First we will start with me. I am a 6ft 2in 170lb man. So tall and skinny as hell. I am a squirmer when driving, even more so on longer trips. I tend to shift from one cheek to the other then back the entire way. The week before the install I had a road trip from NE MT to east ND, about a 7 ½ hour drive. Done in my stock cloth seats. Trip to Fargo(ND) was on a Thursday then cam back on Sunday. Then I did the install and the fallowing week(two weeks after first trip) did the same trip back but left Friday and came back Sunday. So a lot of driving for me.

The Install. Lets start with the install(got to do that first anyways). The brackets that came with them of ****. Not much design went into the direct ram fit. But hey they are only a seat company. I had to enlarge a couple holes to get the bolts through. Next issue was the bracket to attach the OEM seat control to the new seat bracket, horrible. They are a flat stock that had two holes drilled where the corners of the cuts had to be made. They then cut from hole to hole and then edge. The cuts are rough and and must have just been ball parked due to how off they are. These cuts are where the OEM electrical connection are. So those had to be ground out to allow the switch to fit. Then the holes that had been pre drilled for the oem screws, one was on but the other was off. I was able to cram the screw in and get threads started to get it together. So not perfect. Another issue is that the new seat bracket to attach the new seats to the OEM. Its set up that the bracket itself is not flush with the OEM one. The heads of the bolts that attach the bracket to the seat are what is up against the OEM bracket, so only 4 points of contact……common! They welded in a couple bolts to attach the bracket to the OEM bracket, they are **** bolts. Im sure they all stretched, and pulled thread, and I for sure broke one. I plan to redo the entire thing, biggest reason is I don’t find it safe at all. In a crash I feel the seats could easily brake from the mounts.

The Seats. They look amazing! Love the style and the material they are wrapped in. I got the adjustable lumbar and seat heaters but have yet to install them so cant comment on those yet, although im not sure how I feel about the lumbar support being an inflatable bag. Never know it could surprise me. I was shocked on how not huge the seats are. What I read made them sound like they barely fit in, I have plenty of room. Also shocked on how not tall the back was. I don’t know if my expectations in this area are found or not, but I thought the back would be at least to them upper part of my skull. The cushion does not seem as soft as I thought but not too bad.

The Drive. The second trip aka the one with the new seats, wasn’t to bad. Unlike in my OEM seats these really do hold you in place, I was not given the option to wiggle lol. Don’t know if my review of the drive will be how I feel a little bit down the road when I get more seat time or not. But I do feel that I might be having issues breaking the habit of wanting to wiggle around in my seat. Also the two drives were a lot closer together the with the new seats. This material obviously is not going to breath well as cloth and as someone who get sweaty back on longer trips it not the best situation but easily livable. Like I said before the seats really do hold you in place which is great. Your legs are kinda forced to go straight out and I normally like to have them almost crossed but not if that makes any sense. I got to say they are pretty comfy but I do wish they made them a little wider, longer in the base, and the back I little higher, I think it would be better but they are still nice. I did have one seam that I THINK was pushing on the same spot on my back. After both trips I had this small line on my back that was a bit sore to the touch. Cant blame the seats for sure but I think it was. I do feels its just a matter of breaking these bad boys in. Getting in and out I was told is going to be more involved then you may be use to. And yes it is but its really not a big deal at all for me, I thought it would be but I was wrong. They said to keep the side bolsters up you need to pick yourself out of the seat and drop yourself in keeping yourself from dragging over the bolster. These seats are like gloves for your body. Im excited to see how both the seat and I adjust over some good use. I don’t drive my truck as much as id like. Think I went over a month without driving it till this last weekend. Also have only had the one long road trip in since the install, everything else has been very short runs. I also have not tested them off road but very excited to do so.

Sorry if I missed things, I started to get a bit ADHDish lol. Pleas ask any questions or for any clarifications you may need. Thanks all and sorry again for the wait.

Last edited:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice, I thought you were going with 4th gen seats? You need to paint the frame now

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those look good! I had some ****** Scott something or other racing seats in my Nissan when I had it but they made my butt fall asleep when I drove it. Lol it was like sitting on a park bench. How's the seat in those though? They look rather inviting lol

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
those look like **** take them out right now and send them to me so i can properly dispose of them.

Damn those seats look awsome!!!!!! But do they seats sit up higher than stock?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
pretty spiffy!

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are sick, I might need a new seat for my expy. So a review on these Would be greatly appreciated. They look awesome!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
More info please on these. Im bout due to redo my driver seat where the bottom bar eats the cushion and need to fix it before it hurts the leather more, but these are a good option. They looks almost the same as the SRT seats except for the top 3rd.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Im only on my phone so ill try and do a full review when at a pc. Hold off buying anything till i can do this.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those mounts don't look to awesome. I'm interested in reading the review.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I'm looking forward to the review as well

Tapatalk Addict

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
keep waiting guys if we are lucky we might get a review by new years.hahaha just messin with ya reece. we want answers.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like they might sit higher than the factory seats did too.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
okay enough waiting I want to know the deal on these things. they look sweet.