Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior

Interior

Seat swap turned on air bag and seat belt light...

This is a discussion on Seat swap turned on air bag and seat belt light... within the Interior forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
So I have an 06 with power driver only and I swapped in 04 power heat driver and passenger seats ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default Seat swap turned on air bag and seat belt light...
So I have an 06 with power driver only and I swapped in 04 power heat driver and passenger seats and now my air bag light is on and my seat belt light.

The air bag light is because the 04 seats don't have air bags.... is there a way to add a jumper and get this to turn off? If so which wires do I jump? Someone said adding a resistor to the wire would also work. Any advice?

As for the seat belt light, I've been told to just cut the plug off going to the belt plug and just connect those 2 wires and the light and chime will go off... is this correct?

Can anyone help me here with any kind of answers to these problems???

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
OnSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh and does anyone know which color wire is the seat belt wire on the harness that goes from the floor up under the dash?? The main harness that plugs into the drivers seat. Need the color wire for the 06 slt. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 1990 5.9 Cummins
There is a way to turn the chime off. I did on mine for when im just in my neighborhood coming from my mailbox. Lol try googling it.
derekp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: Hemi 5.7
It's in the manual how to do it. It's something like turn the key on but don't start, then you buckle up and unbuckle like three Times in 10 seconds... then start... something like that lol

Performance
Airaid MIT, SC 87 tune, LT285/70/17 Cooper ATPs
usaf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by derekp View Post
There is a way to turn the chime off. I did on mine for when im just in my neighborhood coming from my mailbox. Lol try googling it.
I know about that trick, but I can't do that. See below.

Originally Posted by usaf2006 View Post
It's in the manual how to do it. It's something like turn the key on but don't start, then you buckle up and unbuckle like three Times in 10 seconds... then start... something like that lol
I can't do that, my new seats the belt plug is female and the plug on the seat is female, so they dont plug into each other. So without the belt hooked up (my problem) I can't do that trick because the truck won't sense the belt going in.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 1990 5.9 Cummins
Originally Posted by OnSale View Post
I know about that trick, but I can't do that. See below.

I can't do that, my new seats the belt plug is female and the plug on the seat is female, so they dont plug into each other. So without the belt hooked up (my problem) I can't do that trick because the truck won't sense the belt going in.
Why didn't you unbolt the seat belt buckle from your other seat and trade it with the one on your current seat? Should just be one T55 torque bolt.
derekp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by derekp View Post
Why didn't you unbolt the seat belt buckle from your other seat and trade it with the one on your current seat? Should just be one T55 torque bolt.
I am using my old seat belt and buckle, but the 04 seats i put in, the wire that runs to the belt buckle has a female end, and my 06 trucks belt buckle has a female end... it changed. it looks like this:

04 - Buckle Plug Male - Seat Wiring Plug Female
06 - Buckle Plug Female - Seat Wiring Plug Male

So my 06 buckle is female and the 04 wire running to the buckle is female lol... they switched the plug sides between 04 and 06 so now both ends are female.

Its cool, i actually bought my cloth seats back from the guy i sold them too and im putting my cloth seats back in. I have the leather seats i bought for sale on craigslist and ebay. With the money i get back from selling them, im buying a set of Mopar Heated Seat Kit and some Clazzio Leather Seat Covers so in the end, i have leather heated seats and i dont have this wiring nightmare and a airbag light off..... if i knew about all this hassle from the get go, i would have just ordered the heated seat kit and the clazzio covers lol.

oh well, you live and you learn... lesson learned. Always, fully investigate/look into any parts you buy that require plugs and come from a different year Ram. I knew they would bolt right in, but never knew or was told the wiring was different and would be a damn nightmare!!!!