Headers..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm thinking about getting some LT's. Questions are:
1. do i need to monitor my a/f ratio? am i going to run a lot leaner?
2. i live in a salt state so i should probably get ceramic coated, but the price makes my butt hurt.. any other ways around this?
3. anyone know where theres some good deals on LT's?
4. what else do i need? locking nuts, regular mopar gaskets, and custom exhaust fab job..?

I would like to spend less than $500 if possible...

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
1. no
2. no. spend the money and do it right. otherwise you'll be buying new ones in 2-3 yrs
3. i beleive AirRam has the best deal on ceramic coated pacesetters right now. About $500 for the headers and y-pipe (yes you want the y-pipe too unless you're getting a shop to weld it all up). if you get the y-pipe you can do it in your driveway
4. you'll want mopar gaskest. some guys get grade 8 locking bolts, but its not always necessary

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
its 433 plus 16 bucks for the mopar gaskets. thats ceramic coated. mine should be here soon

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
1. no
2. no. spend the money and do it right. otherwise you'll be buying new ones in 2-3 yrs
3. i beleive AirRam has the best deal on ceramic coated pacesetters right now. About $500 for the headers and y-pipe (yes you want the y-pipe too unless you're getting a shop to weld it all up). if you get the y-pipe you can do it in your driveway
4. you'll want mopar gaskest. some guys get grade 8 locking bolts, but its not always necessary

I agree with AF on this! Get the Coated ones FOR SURE!! Salt is evil to noncoated headers.

sawcut64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I lived up north in Detroit again I would get the SS Dynatechs then have them coated. Expensive as hell but won't rust. My coated Pacesetters have bits of rust here and there and I live in DFW where there is no salt.

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
so the headers are bolted on? or are they held on with studs with a nut on the end?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Bolt on and yeah spend the extra for the coated ones. You will prob have to slide under and do some respraying after a few years unless you spend the coin for SS.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Although not required, I'd still spend the coin and pick up a wideband as well, mine was running WAY lean after I installed my LT's.