Heat/No heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gaboy02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
For the past month I have had an issue when I turn the heat on it will blow hot out of the passenger side vents but the drivers side vents are cold. I am not sure what is causing this. Vaccum hose maybe? Thanks in advance

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the past month I have had an issue when I turn the heat on it will blow hot out of the passenger side vents but the drivers side vents are cold. I am not sure what is causing this. Vaccum hose maybe? Thanks in advance
Start by flushing your heater core very good. That should work, unless core is just shot.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ugh you are probably in for a big fix, sorry. Sounds like the mode 1 or mode 2 doors, I forget which one has the 2 flaps on it but I have the same problem on mine, did plenty of research and decided because of the complexity of the various fix scenarios I'm avoiding it LOL.

Heater treater site explains what these doors do and the fixes, here is one of their more informative videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uNbQd816G4

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ugh you are probably in for a big fix, sorry. Sounds like the mode 1 or mode 2 doors, I forget which one has the 2 flaps on it but I have the same problem on mine, did plenty of research and decided because of the complexity of the various fix scenarios I'm avoiding it LOL.

Heater treater site explains what these doors do and the fixes, here is one of their more informative videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uNbQd816G4
Jamman, have you flushed your core? I thought it was mode doors, but was just clogged core. Same exact symptoms, heat on passenger side only.

Dissconect heater hoses at engine, place each end in a bucket. Flush both ways about ten times. Then pour some CLR in till full and let it sit about 10 minutes. Then flush again both ways about 20 times. You should see all the carp come out in the buckets.

My heat works perfect now on both sides and is 140F at the vents. Worth a try to save money.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't tried it but it is the same with the AC on mine. Cold on the left, warm on the right.

If I keep the truck much longer I will just pull the dash and do a heater core and evaporator replace. Then I can look at the doors while I have it out.

For the OP's info the doors run off little motors instead of vacuum.

OP
OP
G

Gaboy02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
I will try the flush first and maybe I will get lucky. I appreciate the help guys