In need of an exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to get a full exhaust system for my truck but don't exactly know what I want, I want it to be pretty loud. I'm not sure which one to go with, only exhausts I can think of is carven and flow master, just don't know which one would sound better. Thanks! (2003 1500 RCSB 2wd)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should also add that I don't really want a side exhaust
e2a9fedd819867bf511d3622d9d0b441.jpg
7bb5a1bd1455b4c5c820a988721c55e3.jpg
something like these or just not see the tips at all

Last edited:

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to get a full exhaust system for my truck but don't exactly know what I want, I want it to be pretty loud. I'm not sure which one to go with, only exhausts I can think of is carven and flow master, just don't know which one would sound better. Thanks! (2003 1500 RCSB 2wd)

One thing to keep in mind is if you intend to ever do any suspension work, make sure the system won't interfere. If you plan to offroad and go bigger on tires, I'd suggest avoiding making the tips the first thing that would come in contact with the ground. If lowering is in your future, the routing in the rear half of the truck can limit your drop.

At least be aware of electric cutouts. They're ridiculously loud and aggressive, but at the push of a button you have oem quiet in case you have a headache after work, or are dealing with a hangover from the night before. If the exhaust weren't already acceptable from the previous owner, I'd be doing another e-cutout on this truck. I loved it, and have purchased 4 on previous vehicles. Early designs developed annoying leaks due to bad design and crappy motors, but the last one I did was rock solid for 2 plus years until I sold it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 3rd gen I did a Single In / Dual Out (SI/DO) muffler and it worked pretty well. It was easy to package and we were able to avoid having to figure out how to route pipes past the fuel tank which is on the driver's side.

The exhaust tips were just a bit outside the bumper line to avoid carboning up the bumper.

e15.jpg

OP
OP
C

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 3rd gen I did a Single In / Dual Out (SI/DO) muffler and it worked pretty well. It was easy to package and we were able to avoid having to figure out how to route pipes past the fuel tank which is on the driver's side.

The exhaust tips were just a bit outside the bumper line to avoid carboning up the bumper.

e15.jpg

Do you remember what brand it is by a chance?

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
also check out H-pipes for sound as you may like it. As far as brands I am a huge fan of the Magnaflow 14 series myself. I have used all of the usual suspects over the years and the above mentioned tickles my fancy. Happy hunting and good luck.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have pacesetter longtubes off road y to a 14" magnaflow si/so dumped. Pretty basic but seems to work alright

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did an Mbrp si/do on my 05 hemi. Love the sound and very pleased

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member