Performance help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's a good tuner for a 03 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 hemi ? That's kinda cheap and easy to install trying to get alittle more power

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diablo predator is your best bet. But the 03 is the WORST as far as tunability. Beyond awful. I'm in the process of converting my system to the 2005 because I can't tune my 03 to run my cam very well. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I were to get a tune is it going to work or is it just a waste of time ?

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the inTune i2 from diablo sports ive seen other trucks with tunes and they have pillar gauges if I were to do this tune would I need to get the pillar gauges to ? I know I prob sound retarted but I'm new to this tuning stuff always had the truck just never did anything to it so just trying to get some answers before I do something and **** something up and most of you guys have these things done to your truck so that's why I'm asking thanks for everyones help tho appreciate it a lot

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the 03 if your not planning a whole mess of performance mods the early model Superchips will be your best option. I dont recall the model number off hand though.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
atxhemi superchips ??

whats the superchip do ? and what would be a good superchip for my truck ?

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For the 03 if your not planning a whole mess of performance mods the early model Superchips will be your best option. I dont recall the model number off hand though.

What he's saying as long as you're just doing simple bolt ons like cold air intake, throttle body, exhaust and not going with a cam and more extensive stuff like that you'll be fine with a superchip or Diablo tuner. If you follow the steps when programming the tuner you won't mess anything up, now I wouldn't be messing with shift points or anything like that if you get a tuner with that capability cause then you could screw something up there.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Superchips and Diablosport are both programmers. The Diablo allows for custom tuning if you plan to go crazy. The superchips does not allow for custom tuning. But the Superchips has better canned tunes and also has a trans tuning option for the 03 where Diabl does not.

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
atxhemi superchips ??

whats a good website I could look at some superchips at and do you have one that you were preferd someone to use ? cuz I don't plan on going crazy with the tuning just a simple tune and seems that the superchips seems easiest cuz I'm not messing with no shifting points or nothing like that

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont think they make the one you need anymore. Look in the classifieds here and other forums. Im using Diablo but my truck needs custom tuning to run. Look up Redtruck-VA or Tomater03 they both have an 03 and can tell you which superchips to get..

OP
OP
M

Mikeyn23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
superchip

has anyone herd of the superchip flashpaq tuner ? for 87 and 91 octance I seen it on autoanything .com and all the reviews say its amzing do these fit in any truck ?

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea that's a good tuner. My buddy had one for his old 2005 hemi and he liked it. It'll fit your truck. If ya order before the end of the month autoanything has 20% off.