Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
2004 cummins 48re 4x4
Transfer case was cracked and leaked all fluid out and blew case up, also cracked the tail housing. (Probably shop didnt torque to spec who knows)
Used a tail housing from a 46re said to swap parking rods and never did so never had park... Torque converter got stuck always locked so put a new high quality 1600 stall in (old one seemed 2600ish) and a new valve body. Also put in proper park pawl. Everything works flawless except if truck is sitting on a hill and put in park it will need rocked to come out of park by putting tcase in neutral to get it out of a bind. When installing valve body instructions had me adjust the bands to different specs. Anyone have any ideas? I know the tcase/overdrive worked fine before converter fried.

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
still gets caught in park when on a bind..

OP
OP
J

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Bump. Only thing we can think is that it's pushing the park rod too far in making it hard to pull it out when truck is sitting on a hill putting pressure on it? But why is rod under any stress when it should slide out regardless

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure on problem. One fix would be to use parking brake on hill, before putting it in park. That would keep it from binding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990