Trying to locate oil leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starfleethero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 4X4
Hi all,

I've been reading a learning a lot the past six months since I got my ol 2002 Ram from a family member. I'm now faced with a problem I haven't been able to identify with my own research.

I have a small & slow leak forming on the front of the drivers side of the engine. I can only see it from underneath the truck, its not visible at all from the top. Unfortunately I just can't get a good enough look at where it could be coming from to even know where to start addressing this problem, short of beginning to take everything off the engine (which I'd like to avoid until I have some ballpark idea).

Attached is a photo of the area, as you can see its wet, it doesn't quite drip on the drive way but there is an occasional bead of oil that forms at the bottom.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
IMG_5026.jpg

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, the picture didnt work for me. is it on the driver or passenger side?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it didn't, but I'm at work right now, so it may be that.

Where is the oil leaking onto? The cross member that the rack n' pinion is connected to? Or somewhere else?

destroyaYO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Looks like a water pump. Could be the gasket or seal .
Need better pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk