4th gen quad HID issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boudreau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 ram bighorn - quad headlights.

Not my first rodeo with HID installation, installed them in my 2011 Durango and many many old Hondas ha.

I bought Kensun HID because that's all I've ever used and never had an issue, and I got the canbus(?) adapters. Installed them and they worked perfectly in my garage left them on a while no errors no issues. Went out this morning started my truck and let her warm up in the garage. Went to turn the lights on to pull out and they both take turns flickering and will not stay on. I followed the DIY directions in this forum to make sure I didnt F it up. :(

Stuck and not sure what to do next.

Anyone have suggestions?

Dan

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because of the cost, I would try a couple capacitors, 1 across each factory harness where the HID setup grabs its power. Definitely sounds like the Canbus eliminators aren't doing their thing.

OP
OP
B

Boudreau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would it be worth just getting another canbus set overnights and trying that?

Dan

greasedlightning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
with the 2014 quad headlights you have to have capacitors or they will strobe had the same problem with mine storbe light effect when truck was running eventually added capacitors to each side solved the problem

Hankpierce27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hid trouble

Trying to put Kensun hid 10k in and no luck with relays or resistors and today I think I blew a fuse cuz my truck is throwing engine codes and won't run at all. So mine is getting returned. Cuz they can't give me an answer and hope it doesn't cost a lot to get my truck running again.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue when I first got my Ram. I always ran HIDExtra without issue but could not get them to stay on with the Ram. I gave up and went with the Morimoto set with all of the extras. I have not had any issues since.