Cruse control button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 pickup the cruise control button or selector on the steering wheel appears to be bad can anyone give me any guidance on how to remove it without doing any damage is there a video or any instructions to do this properly thank you

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You have to remove airbag. Then you can unscrew the steering wheel trim that holds it. On backside you'll find the screws that hold the button pad in. Not bad but getting the airbag off is a *****.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has this issue as well, it will still seldomly happen, i pushed it really hard one day because i was pissed off that the cruise control button on a 15k mile $40k+ truck didnt work, and its worked well since, try it! Push that button hard!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Search YouTube and you will find a trick to use your front facing camera on your phone to find the tabs. Wedge a flat head and twist it while pulling the bag towards you. Not a bad idea to dc the neg battery terminal first. I may have a spare button if you need.

OP
OP
N

Nasa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I appreciate the help now all I have to do is get the airbag off without a going off in my face that could be a very bad day. I'll do a little research and find out how to do that properly thanks again for the help

OP
OP
N

Nasa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine is the same way if I Jam my finger on it really hard it will normally go on but I shouldn't have to do that I'll need to fix it correctly

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Don't worry bout it going off. I've removed several ram air bags. Never disco'd the battery