Dvd while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVIIIL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off Aloha, I am new to the forum. I have a 2009 ram laramie. It has a in dash dvd but can not be viewed while diving. Is there a program out there that can over ride this. I would like for my daughter to be able to watch dvd's while I am driving. Also is there a program that will allow me to get the navigation?
Mahalo:Wedgie:

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
iirc you need the get the wire that goes to the parking break and wire it up to a switched ground. flick the switch a few times and it's god. works on most alpines

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you need a "lockpick"

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
All you need to do is ground the parking break wire from the deck .. did this last week on a 2010 with the same set up .

Welcome to RF

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome to the site!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
bingo.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
its tempting for me to get it. I was kinda disapointed when my passengers couldnt watch dvd

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Lockpick CHR550, I love it! Unlocks everything, video in motion, typing in directions for nav while in motion, etc. The CHR550 also has hookups for I believe 4 separate cameras, two auxiliary devices and comes complete with an ipod hookup. When plugged in you have full control of your ipod from the steering wheel controls and songs and playlists shows up on the headunit.

Another neat feature is the auto camera function, you can set it up to have two turn signal cameras display automatically when you turn on your turn signal. Theirs also an option for auto front camera for when your going underneath 8mph. Also the auto rear camera too. You can also set it up to have one camera on all the time. For those that have stock backup camera I found out theirs power going to it all the time not only in just reverse so I set it up to display on my HU all the time. Until I install a front camera that is ;)

Many people report problems with lockpick quality and seem to have audio problems, I believe this has been stamped out in there latest models. I haven't had a single problem with mine.

OP
OP
E

EVIIIL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Lockpick CHR550, I love it! Unlocks everything, video in motion, typing in directions for nav while in motion, etc. The CHR550 also has hookups for I believe 4 separate cameras, two auxiliary devices and comes complete with an ipod hookup. When plugged in you have full control of your ipod from the steering wheel controls and songs and playlists shows up on the headunit.

Another neat feature is the auto camera function, you can set it up to have two turn signal cameras display automatically when you turn on your turn signal. Theirs also an option for auto front camera for when your going underneath 8mph. Also the auto rear camera too. You can also set it up to have one camera on all the time. For those that have stock backup camera I found out theirs power going to it all the time not only in just reverse so I set it up to display on my HU all the time. Until I install a front camera that is ;)

Many people report problems with lockpick quality and seem to have audio problems, I believe this has been stamped out in there latest models. I haven't had a single problem with mine.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like Ill be investing in one myself now.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put my lock pic in and it is AWESOME!! I would recommend it for sure. There is a guy on ebay that sells them on ebay for cheap and they work great!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I ordered one last week on ebay for $176 for v4. Maybe we bought from the same seller. lol

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Nice, yeah I looked into that one but I couldn't find one with a price I was happy with. V4 does all I really need anyway so I just went that route.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
can any one help with the wire to the parking brake fix how does this work

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Don't think he was talking about the factory radio. Aftermarket radios, yes, that's how it works because I have had 2 in the past and that's all I had to do. These factory ones are more tricky than that - thus the need for the Lock Pic.