Green light on auto dimming rear view mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep reading about a green light on the rear view mirror that indicates that the auto dimming feature is working...can some one show me a pic of this light? My mirrors don't seem to be dimming again but when they were, I don't remember seeing any light!

DTarve23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same feature on my truck and the only thing I notice is a green haze appearance in the mirror when bright light hits it

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same feature on my truck and the only thing I notice is a green haze appearance in the mirror when bright light hits it

Yeah, me too...I don't see any green led lights. Maybe they mean vehicle lights in the mirror are green to indicate that it is working??

I did test mine last night with a flashlight on the sensor and they are all working as they should!

I also tested my heated mirrors with a laser thermometer and the drivers side got to 72 deg while the passenger side only registered 60 deg. That seems a little strange as well...