How can I install a stock sub and Amo to my 2014 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nolifelowlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can I install a stock sub and Amp to my 2014 ram 1500

Hey I know this has been discussed on her before but I can seem to find a strait answer. I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 slt without the alpine system and it has the small touch screen. I have a stock sub and stock Amp from an alpine system and I'm wondering if I can put it into my truck. I found the wiring and plug under my back seat where the stock sub plugs into but can't find the stock and wiring and plugs. Just wondering if it's even gonna work or if it's worth my time. Thanks for any help you have to offer

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You need to run a line output converter

Edit never mind I skipped the stock equipment part when I was reading

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
with what you have its a no-go. even a line out converter like ^^ said wont do you any good in this situation. since there are no RCA inputs

i would look into the kicker unit or just get your own aftermarket amp/sub

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I guess if you know the pin outs on the plug you could run some 9 conductor speed wire from the back of the head unit to the under seat plug. Of course you would need power, ground and remote turn on. Then again the amp may want a certain voltage going to it and if you over drive the signal it might go boom in a bad way.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Like others have mentioned, with the work needed to be done, you're way better off installing aftermarket equipment which will blow away the factory stuff when it comes to performance.....the stock sub is an under achiever at best

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
your probably missing the wiring harness from factory head unit which may need to be a 8.4(if someone know for sure chime in).
Kicker sells an upgrade amp and sub for the Ram standard sound system, it's a little pricey but it is plug and play for the most part.
If you just want to add a sub for a little better low end, the Kicker Hideaway works nice and it's small enough to hide behind the back seat in a crew cab