Perfect sub for driver side foxbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
So its been 2+ years since i posted on here but ive felt compelled to share my experiences with this box or rather subs in it..
Ive ran alpine type s, type r, rockford p2, p3, Phoenix gold, soundstream rubicon, infinity kappa and 2 hertz subs..
The hertz subs were and are by far the best. First after trying all the above subs and being disappointed, ive had a hertz hi energy 10" in there for about 8 months and was extremely happy. I pulled the sub 2 weeks ago to add some matting around the sides of the sub, as per instructions, and i tore the surround.. Could have cried, my baby!.
So i go back to the hertz dealer to buy another and what do ya know the spl show, which is there highest level sub, is half price and lower than the hi energy.. So i scooped one up really hoping it would fit and bang in she goes.. Now this thing is an absolute beast.. 27lbs.. Comes with an extra magnet plate for the bottom to increase excursion for competions.. I didn't install this as the sub is 600w rms as it is and i have a 600w rms 4ohm hertz amp.. 1DK.. Im only pushing the amp at just under half way and this thing is absolutely amazing.. This sub is built for small enclosures..
I was always fighting with port noise, not anymore..
This thing hits the lowest of lows and is still very punchy when listening to rock..
Hopefully this might help some people that are having the same issues that i had, and save a lot of time and money trying to find a good sounding sub for the small drivers side box..
Cheers

OP
OP
clays laramie

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
PS.. These subs are around 500$ a piece, but they do come on sale.. Best sounding, hardest pounding..

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I'm not surprised by this, Hertz makes some really nice stuff....My friend is running the same subs and they def have a higher level of sound quality than the other subs you tried. The Alpine, RF are what I call good ol boom boom subs. They're rowdy, move a lot of air, punch like a heavy weight, but just are not that musical. After many different subs, I settled with the ARC BLACK 12"....very musical, gentle when needed, digs low very well, and has zero mechanical noise/port noise. Simply a buttery, smooth, musical sub. Glad you're liking your Hertz!!!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive heard hertz components in the past and was blown away by the range they had. The demo car had 4 6.5 components. My brain hurts reading that. There are 4 6.5 speakers and tweeters in the car.

Anyways the car had no subwoofers, but they dug deep and smooth without any distortion. I would love a Hertz 12 subwoofer for my Foxbox, but way out of my price range.