Radio update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took truck in for some warranty work on the heater controls that were not working properly. It was happening intermintly. I had taken a video of the prob!em to show the technition. They ran a full test on everything and could not duplicate my concern. No codes on the computer, or in the HVAC system. He did appreciate the video, because it showed an issue. After running a few more tests, they checked the Radio head unit for updates. Mine was running 13.51.11 software. There was an update which they uploaded which is 16.13.13. They figured the out of date software was causing some of my issues with the heater controls and radio settings. They advised to keep an eye on it, and if the issue returns to let them know. This was all covered under my extended warranty, which has no deductable. Time will tell if it's fixed!
They were very helpful and made sure my concerns were addressed.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the radio software update fix hour hvac issue ?
I'd be suprized if it did , especially if it was working properly already .

What radio do you have Sir ?

I'm assuming RA3 or RA4 8.4" ?

If so the 16.13.13 is currently being replaced with an OTA update to a 17. ? ? can't remember .
Anyway the Over The Air update seems to be happening in waves and not all at once , you could get a notification on your radio anytime .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk