Upgrading Audio....what else should I do while it's apart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport - Blue Streak
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long story short I'm paying a friend to do an audio upgrade.
Standard 8.4, 6 speaker system. All speakers are getting upgraded, 1 or 2 10" subs in likely a custom sub box, and amps and some other thing he said he needed to get the speakers tuned properly. I don't remember all of it...it's not really my thing. I'm in IT and teach shooting handguns. :roflsquared:

(But I do trust this person)

My thought is, I've thought about putting LED's in the cab, but I'm also a bit too old for all that. Regardless, I'm curious if now would be the time to do that.

Also, since they're going to pull the carpet to run wiring, etc., what else would you have done with it torn apart?

They offered to put a gun safe in the center console, which I'm not so sure about yet, but it is intriguing.

They also offered to wire up LED lights in the front end, but I can see where this goes....into my wallet...deeply.

Anyway, just curious what YOU'd do if you had it all tore apart.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For sure, with out a doubt, sound deadening material. They say it makes your music sound better. And when your music is turned off it makes everything else quieter too. Truck, road noise, tires, other vehicles, etc.

OP
OP
B

BLS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport - Blue Streak
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For sure, with out a doubt, sound deadening material. They say it makes your music sound better. And when your music is turned off it makes everything else quieter too. Truck, road noise, tires, other vehicles, etc.

See that's excellent advice and would have NOT thought of that.
Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
last time I did my buddy's complete audio, I just got paid in a couple six packs. interestingly, he drank six of them with me....

anyway, not related to audio, but when I first get my vehicles and I get tearing into the interior, I usually leave an extra ignition/acc power line and a tap into a heavy gauge 12V constant (both fused and short run of wires) capped off hidden in the cab so I don't have to go digging and cutting again if I ever have the need to install other electronic gadgets in the future.

Also, if you have an inkling for some extra back up lights, run the wires to those under the carpet. if you might do it later, leave enough wire length to reach the rear bumper but coil it up under the carpet in the rear underseat storage area just in case.