Wiring harness on stock radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I know I made a thread about using a line out converter to wire an amp to my factory head unit, but the stereo shops are saying it will not work.

They are saying that I need a wiring harness for my stereo to wire up an amp, and that they are pretty pricey.

My question is this. What kind of harness are they talking about?

Specific brands/model numbers would be great. I can probably order one cheaper than the stereo shop would sell them.

My stereo is a single disc with built in Sirius.

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know who your "stereo shop" is, but they're obviously no experts. There's tons of us on here, and we've all put in LOC or a high level input. You need to talk to someone else. Because there's no wiring harness needed, just a LOC or high level.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have a PAC interface module I don't remember off hand what one it is but works great with factory head unit. I'm running a Rockford 200s amp with 2 19" mtx subs. Check Crutchfield.com and it will tell you what one you need. I got mine off of eBay for about $35

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
either that shop doesn't know what they are talking about or they are tying to make more money off of you.

The pac interface is nice though because it eliminates the need to splice wires, and i believe it also gives a remote lead to turn the amp on.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
either that shop doesn't know what they are talking about or they are tying to make more money off of you.

The pac interface is nice though because it eliminates the need to splice wires, and i believe it also gives a remote lead to turn the amp on.

It does have the remote lead

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
pd298

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The guy said something about the radios being all digital and that if you wired in a line out converter that it would shut the radio down.

I don't know, I'm no speaker/wiring expert.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've got a LOC in my system but I also have an aftermarket amp with the PacAudio SWI-CAN harness adapter for steering wheel controls and the PacAudio C2A-CHY harness adapter for integrating the aftermarket amp to my REC/NAV stock head unit.

The stock amp is still in place, providing the auido signal the aftermarket amp needs to process the sound. The LOC, an AudioControl LC6i with summing, sits between the two amps to take the factory amp output signal and convert it to a high quality digital pre-amp signal.

So get the PacAudio harness. Retail is $150, eBay used about $45, eBay new around $75.

S

scotts2012ram

There full of it. I tap mine loc in not one problem been in my truck for 4 months. Found a key hot under the seat to kick my amp on

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pac oem-1

Gives you 2 pairs of RCA outs and a amp turn on wire...

Thompson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PAC interface module for 2016 Ram 1500

I have a 2016 ram 1500 outdoorsman without the premium sound system but with the 8.4 unconnect system. I was wondering if they make a PAC interface module for the 2016's. i can only find ones made for 2010 rams or older. I'm looking to add an amp to power some aftermarket speakers but i don't have to splice into the factory harness.

Anyone know if the make one for the 2016's or have a different way of adding an amp without cutting wires everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 ram 1500 outdoorsman without the premium sound system but with the 8.4 unconnect system. I was wondering if they make a PAC interface module for the 2016's. i can only find ones made for 2010 rams or older. I'm looking to add an amp to power some aftermarket speakers but i don't have to splice into the factory harness.

Anyone know if the make one for the 2016's or have a different way of adding an amp without cutting wires everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I am aware, only Netaudio has made such a harness though I do not know if it is a stock item or custom request. You can visit their site and call them to find out.

All of us here just splice into existing wires to go to our amps, LOC or DSP. I know it seems like you are butchering the truck in some minds but really, it's not, it's just a connection that can be reversed if you ever want to change back to stock, don't sweat it.