ABS,Traction Control Light, No Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafffaelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I was parked one day recently, and noticed that my speedometer started ramping up, all the way to 70 mph at times, with a slight increase in rpms as well. Even stranger, the odometer started ticking off tenths of miles.

Thankfully, these symptoms went away, and now I have my Traction Control and ABS lights on constantly, and no Cruise Control functionality. The lights came on intermittently at first, but now are constant.

My guess is that these are symptoms of speed sensor failure, and also guessing the differential-mounted sensor is the culprit.

I am looking for some confirmation on this if possible, Thanks!

2012 Ram 2wd 4.7l four wheel ABS.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My friends Challenger did the same thing and he took it in and they ran it on the computer and found it was one of his anti lock brake sensors and when they replaced it everything went back working like it was supposed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rafffaelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to narrow it down to one specific ABS/speed sensor in order to change it myself. I think it's the rear diff. sensor because of the speedo weirdness.
Can anyone else help?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's funny my friends was the front left I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk