Passanger front caliper issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed alot of brake dust on the front passanger wheel compared to driver side. I lifted the front of the truck and spun the wheels and checked for up down and left right play. I didnt notice any play or movement but when free spinning the front wheels, the passanger side has ever slightly more drag.

Is this an indication of caliper beginning to seize? It does not pull or shake when braking. Both front wheels feel really hot also.

Who knows it might even be related to the wheel bearings that I have leakage.

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did things similar to that, no pulling or anything and turned out it was a cracked piston caliper. but would wear pads faster and make more dust.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
year, options? mileage? Possibly sticking caliper piston. Maybe abs or traction control is acting up. Monitor rotor temps, front and back. An infrared thermometer would be useful.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
year, options? mileage? Possibly sticking caliper piston. Maybe abs or traction control is acting up. Monitor rotor temps, front and back. An infrared thermometer would be useful.

Mileage is bang on 20K miles now. 2015 big horn.

Infra red thermo, any cheap ones? I both front rims were hot and the both front rotors could not be touched so yeah, the human approach of fingers is a no no lol.

EDIT. I just ordered a nubee one from ebay, thanks.

Last edited:

vizsladog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the lifetime warranty on mine. I tow alot and have had 3 sets of calipers and a master chclinder replaced under warranty. Tons of brake dust and the wheels would get hot.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think this is my next step is the master cyl. Starting to have the same issues again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The slides on the caliber brackets could also be sticking.