Vibration in pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E_Gordon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What ever came of your suggested solution for gas pedal vibration issue?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
one of two things have happened with mine either I've gotten used to the vibration (what's left of it after adding the rubber spacers) or as the vehicle is breaking in it's slowly going away.

bishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.6 Liter, V8
2012 has it to

In case you were wondering, my 2012, 4.6, V8 (under warranty) has the pedal vibration also, no hemi. It is very light, but enough to notice. My gut reaction is bearings or rotor rubbing.

However, since this forum has said it's tire related, pedal dampening or even engine harmonics I don't feel the need to pioneer anything.

I am taking it to the OEM this week for a drive test. Of course, 2 dealerships have never heard of this issue.

Goodyear says Ram is responsible and Ram says Goodyear is responsible if it's a tire issue. Anybody know who will foot the bill if it is tire related?

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well my firsf post to the forum. Just purchased a 2011 sport 4x4 5.7. I have the gas pedal vibration only does not seem to be anywhere else. I was suprised to see all the topics on this but the dealer knows nothing. It is intermitent some days are worse than others i have turned mds off no difference. I have also dropped the truck into nuetral and still seems to be there. Im confused how the vibration is getting to the pedal as it is electronic i belive i feel no vibtations in floor. I may be leaning to rotors rubbing kinda what it feels like and gets more pronounced when turning seems to be mainly below 50. Trucks got 21000 on it has anyone figured this out

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have been dealing with this for over two years now it seems to me it is not tires even though the stock tires do indeed suck it is something else that I have not been able to figure out. If it is indeed brakes let me know as I am still on original pads and rotors at 72k miles and I would have no problem swapping them out if that all it is.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
this is annoying, i am still under warranty but dont real like wasting time at the dealer untill i got some sort of solution, my 98 dodge with 2 bad wheel bearings has no vibration in the pedal. I am also noticing a shudder from 1st to second under normal acceleration sometimes. How do i know if i have the torque converter issue also.
things i know on pedal vibration
not mds
only in pedal so far that i can notice, seems to be a lower speeds so far
when i turn i can feel more.

Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about a lean surge condition.
I have pedal surging not vibration in my 2013 4.7,but it's caused by the motor being slightly lean.

stokes.greg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My old GMC did that when a u joint was getting some slack in it.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I replaced u joints and then also put some foam strips on the metal part of the gas pedal it seemed to help. I so notice with dress shoes it is worse than other shoes at least in my case.

$miley

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
here are some other issues i have, when trying to diagnose the vibration, while crusing i drop truck into nuetral to try and isolate, when i drop it back into drive it clunks bad and is not a smoot transistion, this does not seem normal, as i tried it on my 98 ram and it was smooth, also if i am crusing at 40 and let off the gas then get on it hard it clunks too. are these sighns of the torque conveter issue?

Btp 2332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree its not the tires. I had two sets of tires and wheels on mine and still have a slight vibration in the gas pedal at times, low rpm and around 30-50 mph. Doesn't do it everyday. Thought I noticed it when I bought the truck then didn't notice it for awhile. But its there still. It did it with factory suspension and 4in lift also. 2012 1500 express 5.7

Moparman1303

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L + 8spd
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got vibration on gas pedal on light coasting and full throttle. Also light breaking I feel vibration. Any updates yet? Also I find my center console it's a bench seat rattles over bumps? Anything the dealer can do?

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Reviving an old thread in case others are still having this issue or maybe had the issue and solved it?

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its been a known issue with the 4th gen trucks, and no fix for it yet. I believe its being caused by the MDS.
It will be interesting to know if the 2012 trucks have the same issues as the 09 10 11 trucks have.
Supposidly the 2012 trucks also have a different torque converter as well, i`m guessing it solves alot of vibrations and noises that the 09 10 11 had as well. Maybe the newer TC solves the buzzing in the gas pedals, steering wheels, drivers seat. I`m not putting alot of faith in it though.

Same. Mines a 2015 i also feel the vibration.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Noooooo that sucks. I was thinking I might try some dynamat or equivalent and see if it makes any difference.