Front diff jammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucapitti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everybody!

Sadly, here I am with my first serious problem: I've got my front diff with the pinion/gear set gone! Some tooths are broken...

I can't figure out how it can be happened, probably a low oil level or maybe a really bad maintenance by the previous owners...

Anyway, I need to replace the pinion/gear set and, as you can imagine, here in Italy a new set is very very expensive, so I'm looking on the net to find some cheaper solution.

My very first look was at Rockauto.com, but when I try to determine the right set, I can't 'cause I don't know the correct axle ratio of my front diff. How I can find it?? Do I need to read it inside the carrier?

I have a stock 5.7 2004 Ram Double Cab 4x4 with electric operated transfer case.

Thank you all in advance for your help!!

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
You being a 4x4 your front ratio will match the back. So if you have 3.92 gears in the rear your front will be the same thing.

OP
OP
lucapitti

lucapitti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Gecko! The question is how to be sure that 3.92 is my gear ratio? Is the standard ratio for my truck?
Do I have to look somewhere to be sure of it?

Thanks again...

toppyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you take the last 8 of your Vin to the parts department at your local dealer they can look it up to see exactly what you have

OP
OP
lucapitti

lucapitti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you so much guys!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads